If anyone is looking for a gift to give me

Just saying.

14 Likes

That is a ludicrous aspect ratio! I’ve just gone to using HD TVs, next time I need an upgrade I’ll just get a 50+ and have the whole command center feel going. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I might go for that. I’m using a 34 inch monitor now :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be amazing.

1 Like

I currently use dual 4K 28" Samsung monitors. Tried an ultrawide at work and be didn’t like the aspect ratio. This has an an amazing coolness to it. Make it twice the height and I’d probably love it.

My current setup is: 31" 34" 31" monitors arranged 2K 4K 2K and I love it!

2 Likes

Great monitor but the refresh Rate is very low

it’s essentially two monitors, so the aspect ratio is appropriate.

1 Like

Yikes! I am using an Acer Predator wide screen for pc gaming (I think it’s 37”) and it’s crazy. Another 12” seems like it might be too wide. But I could see this being a good choice of you normally run two or three monitors and do a lot with video or photo editing. Nice find!!

1 Like

Appropriate/inappropriate is not the same measurement as ludicrous/not ludicrous. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s appropriately ludicrous.

8 Likes

Exactly.

4 Likes

Yes! I have a 65" 4k connected to the HTPC, from about 10 feet it’s like having Chrome on Imax!

2 Likes

i know people who have those kind of setups (large screen TV)… it just doesn’t work for me. maybe it’s being old and set in my ways. i want the monitors closer and the resolution to be sized accordingly. having a large screen halfway across the room feels weird compared to having a smaller screen closer.

1 Like

I agree, Chrome on the theater is just for streaming. I do my designing and everything else on twin 27" Acers.

These style of monitors are great for sim racing.

4 Likes

Another agreement here. Especially since I use win 7 and the scaling up of ui elements is terribly implemented and causes some software to crap out.

it seems to work better in win10. i just got a new laptop that has a 4k screen. when i’m working from home and plug my portable USB monitor into it that’s just 1080p, it actually figures out scaling stuff when i drag windows across. sometimes it takes a split second, but it works decently.

1 Like

On the Macrumors review he (as a joke) turns it (since it supports rotation) as a portrait monitor… Hilarious.

14 Likes

That’s actually pretty cool :slight_smile:

4 Likes