If GlowForge goes under

@dan do you have a contingency plan for user software should the company go under?

1 Like

Iā€™m replying to the topic title statement:

I donā€™t recall any other statements that have departed from this, other than the sincere desire to remain a solid company that supports the current hardware and that the lights will be kept on forever. But there is a contingency. Just to put the links that inevitably will get posted in reply as this is an open forum and invites discussion and commentary by all:

6 Likes

If you have a problem with other people answering Iā€™d suggest emailing them. This is a forum and people do that and you should expect it.

19 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Ouch.

6 Likes

But youā€¦ youā€™re ok.

:wink:

9 Likes

Would you like his email address so you actually ask him in person so you donā€™t have to shout your question to everyone?

6 Likes

If you are not Danā€¦

Seriously, e-mail him, he doesnā€™t generally reply to threads

8 Likes

Someone rang?

13 Likes

Funny!

1 Like

7 Likes

ā€œPaging Doctor Kane, Doctor Kane to the Burns Unitā€

3 Likes

No way bro, he totally got you so bad bro. You were all like ā€œhereā€™s some helpful informationā€ and he was like ā€œI donā€™t even acknowledge you as a person because I am so superior and can only talk to C level executives about my crazy ideas that have been discussed multiple timesā€

totes burnt you so badz.

10 Likes

That moment when you have to check you are on the Glowforge Forum and not playing CounterStrike

8 Likes

Itā€™s 2017, youā€™re not on CS. :wink:

4 Likes

Still not bad enough to check for /r though. My monitorā€™d be on fire first.

4 Likes

Give us old guys a break. We used to walk to school, uphill both ways, in the snow.

10 Likes

No. @bdm would flag me for that one and @palmercr would determine that their was no native snow falling during that time period in my geographical region.

:wink:

6 Likes

LOL i have only ever done a single flag (IIRC) though i admit i enjoyed itā€¦ perhaps too much.

I would never flag someone from trying to emulate Monty Pythonā€™s ā€˜4 Yorkshiremenā€™ sketch

2 Likes

Barefoot ā€“ you forgot barefootā€¦

6 Likes