4 Likes

Is it soup? I bet it’s soup.

8 Likes

Moria!

5 Likes

Holy crap Tom, you’re a wizard! It’s a sanding table! :slight_smile:

Sliding Relief vent on the end, if I’m blocking too many holes:

33 Likes

I vote for this. Much more exciting than a sanding table! :wink: You could even put a little mini-balrog in there.

5 Likes

Are there tabs cut into the bottom for the supports inside? Nothing is showing on the top. There must be a dust port for a vacuum on the side somewhere?

I am going to have to make something like this. Great Idea!!

2 Likes

Yeah tabs. Here’s the bottom:

The support towers were placed so they wouldn’t block any of the holes in the top. There’s no room for error but as it happens the Glowforge is stupid-accurate, so it fit perfectly.

Support towers are necessary so the vacuum doesn’t collapse the box, and to just give you a solid base on which to push down while sanding.

Mid assembly:

And the port where the vacuum plugs in (where the original picture was taken):

No glue on any of it, tight tabs and pegs. Very sturdy. Non pg 1/8th MDF.

21 Likes

Super… Thanks for the pictures.

1 Like

Haha! I built a 4’x4’ one that I love so I recognized it. They are a great addition! Yours looks awesome.

2 Likes

Ah. I wish I had that kind of room!

This is awesome.

1 Like

Parking garage! It’s a parking garage.
sanding%20garage

46 Likes

What is this, a parking garage for ants?! This has to be at least three times bigger!

11 Likes

hahaha!!!

Without reading further down… I see peg board(?) , standoff spacers… Looks amazingly like the hall of mirrors at the fair…

1 Like

Someone is really good with Photoshop!!

4 Likes

Eco-friendly lighting? Who needs lightbulbs when you can cut holes out of your ceiling? Neat project! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Smart car garage.

1 Like