If this was in the catalog I would print one.....(ideas or maybe its already there?)

Designer application submitted. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Can I ask how? I went digging in old posts and didn’t find anything.

5 Likes

After everything is set correctly there is a “submit for catalog” in the three dot pulldown, that is its own rabbit hole.

6 Likes

I believe I found it under “Support.” Here’s a screenshot:

9 Likes

I would like to see the original globe file. It is what caught my attention during the kick start.

5 Likes

9 Likes

It’s not in the catalog but:

8 Likes

Yes…but before anyone can submit their design, they have to ‘apply’ to be a designer, first. I think that’s what Ellen was saying.

9 Likes

Looking at it at a better resolution than I have seen before it might not be so extremely hard. A two color globe might be the trickiest, while changing the diameter of one of the colors. Then a slicing program for a 3D printer would get you each of the sheets to cutout. I would even look for a sliced globe in open source for 3D printing, and scale it so the slice thickness is equal to the material yiou are cutting.

4 Likes

Yup this - I had already clicked the slider some time in the past, but now I clicked the link to apply :slight_smile: We’ll see!

Thank you @ellencadwell!

8 Likes

Me too!!!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Hope we both make it!

8 Likes

You should!! All of these sound great and would love to see you design one of these!

6 Likes

Yay!! Excited to see one of your designs in the catalog!

8 Likes

Hey Emily, I haven’t submitted a design yet. Just applied to be able to. :slight_smile:
Ellen

6 Likes

Fingers crossed for you!! If you need me to put in a good word for you, let me know.

7 Likes

Yes, please do! And put in a good word for @deirdrebeth too!

5 Likes

I just put in a good word for you and @deirdrebeth !! Thank you for applying!! Fingers crossed!

8 Likes

Thank you !!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.