Image from glowforge camera not updated

I experience a freeze image on my glowforge interface screen which is stuck with a previous image and not update when i place a new cutting material. Anyone know what is that issue?

Here is a good thread on things to check for related issues - camera issues and several other problems can be caused by the black ribbon cable on the lid needing to be replaced. It might just be a loose connector, however.

Can you let us know what happens when you try this:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

Hello Shelby,

I have done through your steps but seems it’s still not work. Is there the case camera is broken or the server failed?

Thank you for checking that out for us.

Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.