Image jumping

HI THERE!

Anyone else experiencing the laser cutting out not where the artwork is showing that it will actually cut?

thanks in advance!

I am not. I take it you are.

Have you run the camera calibration?

Setting your material thickness exactly or, using the Set Focus feature can help. Incorrect thickness settings will make the camera image show the the cuts off from where they will actually happen.

If you need high precision, you may have to make a jig. There are lots of posts about doing that.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Jig

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

thanks, so much for the quick response and info.
It’s a start.
-C

2 Likes

HI,
I will next time it happens. hopefully, the camera calibration will do the trick!

cheers,
C

Use the Set Focus tool to adjust the bed image/overlay before you cut. The screen updates as soon as you use this tool, versus later when the cut is starting with the regular autofocus scan.

Hi, I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your alignment. If it still occurs after you’ve tried the advice from our other community members, will you please provide the time and date along with a screenshot from the app which shows the issue? To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

We would be more than happy to take a look for you.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.