Images move after I hit "print", but they cut/engrave where the original position was?

Hey everyone, I tried searching for this issue but couldn’t find my exact problem.

Basically, I line the artwork up, hit print, and the minute it’s ready to hit the white button, the image moves on my screen. However, when I hit the button, it’ll cut or engrave in the original place I had it in.

So, no real issue, but it is concerning/annoying.

I’ve cleaned the entire unit, so…any other ideas? Why does it move AFTER I hit print? And yet still print correctly?

EDIT: forgot to mention I have the basic unit.
TIA

1 Like

It moves because you haven’t correctly set the height of your material, and the auto-focus function is kicking in. The picture corrects to show more accurately where the artwork will fall when it does the new height calculation.

Use the “set focus” option under the gear menu when placing your artwork, and this won’t happen. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But I’m using proofgrade materials…shouldn’t it automatically set?

Yes. In that case, I’m thinking you’ve placed your image somewhere out at the edge? The autofocus picks a spot close to where your artwork is, and out at the edges the camera picture can look pretty different (because of the fisheye lens) when the focus is set there.

3 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense! Yes, I’m using every inch of scrap material I can, so the images are very close to the edges of the material.

That makes perfect sense now - thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @geek2nurse, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!