In search of the mythical August update?

I guess theres still no good news about International shipping!! Cries

Just kidding, maybe Dan is making a HUGE surprise for international peeps! uh idk lol im losing my mind at this pointā€¦

2 Likes

while the laguna may be nice (i have no real knowledge of it), i urge you to check out all the reviews of the muse to date. theyā€™ve beenā€¦not amazing. it might become a great experience some day, who knows, but it doesnā€™t seem to be there yet.

2 Likes

Any day nowā€¦ he said it was in review. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh sweet!! thanks for the update! ^___^

HI Markevans36301,
Yes it was called dxf to laser or dxf for laser cant remember off the top. It is in the app storeā€¦
Regards,
David

Here we are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi jrnelson,
Yeah I saw the reviews, but if the hardware stays solid then it just a matter of software and that could be a real competition. What Glowforge hasnā€™t done is move this into another manufacturing environment which I think is perfect for the software. The waterjet ( WAZER for instance) or for use on a plasma cutter. Both are flat cutting environments and the drag the image over the material and cut would be oh so cool on either one of those platforms.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. But can we let them get their backlog of GlowForge and filter orders shipped first before suggesting that they work on other projects? :wink:

2 Likes

A Glowforge powered water jet would need a really fast windshield wiper for the cameras, or theseIMG_1013

2 Likes

The review is out!!

Actually I wasnā€™t suggesting that they work on another project. In fact if they just keep it in mind then what they are already doing may just slot in (oh sorry had to slip that in thereā€¦ did it again) were was I oh yeahā€¦ if the software is planned with that in mind then moving it over when there ready would be maybe not easy but less dreadful.

Iā€™m certain they are already planning out the next projectsā€¦

Yes the startup has several in the works i bet. would love to be a fly on the wall.

1 Like

Eric:
This was a crowd-funding effort, but I agree with you that they also called it a pre-order. However, this is not ordering a known, finished product, but accepting that there would be real development, real modifications, real delays. Yes, the venture capital backing increased the odds that there would be a finished product, which we are all getting, but it did not prevent the need for multiple iterations, testing, and development that made it later than they originally predicted.

1 Like

be extremely wary of quoting things after the fact. itā€™s easy to look at those headlines and think so, but it wasnā€™t billed as crowdfunding when the orders went live; it was a vc-backed company with millions in the bank before the pre-order launch.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty depressing to hearā€¦

Is it possible to pick up my Glowforge when it is available? I live about an hour away from the facility here in CA and would like to avoid the shipping troubles.

1 Like

Unfortunately we donā€™t have any way to do in-person pickup.

1 Like

Iā€™m right with you Valerie, we are in the East Bay.