Inches Ruler

I made this ruler because I hate my other rulers. This ruler can make circles, measure stuff, hang on things, and It’s really good for “eyeballing it”. This is my first post, so I hope someone out there is looking for a ruler with the ability to hide in plain sight if made with clear acrylic.

Ruler #1 Inches v2

96 Likes

Nice, I like your layout.

A suggestion: Mirror the design before engraving/cutting. That way when you use it the marks are right up against what you’re measuring. If you engrave it on the top surface you get parallax issues when using the ruler.

41 Likes

Welcome to the asylum and thanks for sharing with us.

14 Likes

Looks great! I will try printing this out tomorrow as a gift for my scrapbooking wife.

9 Likes

Oh, I can see all kinds of uses for this around my house! Thank you for sharing such a nice design with us.

9 Likes

Oh, cool ruler!

Thanks for sharing, I can see this will be a handy tool for my paper crafting!

6 Likes

This looks so useful- thanks a lot! Keep ‘em coming!

7 Likes

Welcome to the GF family! I’ll definitely be making this!

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, why are the half inch circles on the right side offset from the half inch markers? I assume so you can use the right edge of the holes as the reference? Why are they different from the other detents for the 1" increments? Why are the inch detents numbered differently from the inches themselves?

6 Likes

Love this. Thanks

4 Likes

I designed this about a year ago. I can’t tell you the exact reason it’s like that, but through trial and error, there definitely was a reason. I do a lot of stuff with felt-tip pens, and it probably has something to do with that. The indents are descending from 9 to 1 because I’m left-handed.

7 Likes

This will come in handy! Thank you!

5 Likes

This looks awesome. Will definitely be making one to bring to my office.

6 Likes

“Now you can draw the rrrroundest circles, perfect straight laaines in any direction…”

But seriously, this is a very nice design. I just have some of the dumbest things burned into my brain from watching too much TV.

9 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for the share!!

5 Likes

I like how your ruler can butt up to the measurement, unlike lots that have buffer space at the end!

5 Likes

I’m not that sharp, but where can I find the download file attachment for the ruler. Thanks for the design.

2 Likes

Right click the line drawing image in the original post and save image as an svg to your computer.

5 Likes

5 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes