Inconsistent Engraving through same design

I don’t even know how to explain what’s happening but the first picture is what it’s doing that’s wrong … the second picture is what it was doing that’s right.

Setting were the same for both pictures the only thing that changed between the two jobs was I did a calibration because it was engraving way way off.

After calibration I did a half test and it worked perfectly fine… was dark like it should be.

Then I loaded the set and began the job and this gradient thing started happening.

Someone please help me, I have orders to get out.

I’m not understanding this. You say it was engraving way off but the picture shows them perfectly centered.

It’s hard to tell from the photos, but that first photo doesn’t look out of focus, so I’d presume it’s a settings or material issue. Is the cork from the same batch. Are you 100% sure the setting are the same? Either way, I’d try upping the power a touch (or lowering the speed if the power is already up). Cork generally burns very easily so…

1 Like

After the good set I tried another and it engraved way off center so I recalibrated it and then tried the set with the lightness issue.

Ahh. Got yeah.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your recent prints @ReLiMe.

I’m afraid I can provide much guidance into settings as I’m unfamiliar with the composition of the material you’re printing on.

With that being said, it looks like all of your recent prints have been utilizing the built-in Autofocuser. Something that might help is our Set Focus feature.

Set Focus measures the distance between the printer head and the top of the material at a spot you choose. This allows the laser to focus precisely during printing. Also, since objects appear bigger when they’re closer to the camera, knowing the precise distance makes the camera image more accurate.

Could you run a print using Set Focus and let me know if you experience better results?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.