Increased Fan Speed?

I engrave a bunch of lightweight products, and until recently the fan blower in the machine has not created enough force to move the products while engraving…

…but now I am having to tape products down to make sure they don’t slowly move as they are being engraved.

Has the standard fan speed increased recently? Is this adjustable in GFUI?

1 Like

If so I would be glad. We need all that we can get. There are a number of solutions from sticky spray on plywood or a SS plate to the more expensive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K5PDJGT/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVTFVWlczUkhRMEEyJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzI4OTYwMVBTRVBTQ0Q4N1RPOCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjE5MjI2WExXVExNRE85VUhKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Most folks make these holddown pins out of scrap, they work great. And vigorous fan is a good thing, I wouldn’t worry about that.

3 Likes

@cynd11 & @rbtdanforth, thank you for your help!

@casogrande, it looks like you’ve received some good advice on this topic from some of our other community members. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble please open a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.