Indefinite homing of replaced GF Pro

I quit my job because I believed Glowforge’s marketing tactics that I could make a full time job by owning a GF. I have secured several orders - however, what I have not secured is a machine I can trust enough to complete the orders I have obtained. I’m on my second GF in 6 months - my previous GF laser stopped firing - I received my replacement from GF 4 days after my “guaranteed arrival date” that GF support gave me. The following week I received a second replacement machine that is still in my home waiting to receive a return ticket to send in the extra machine…

Meanwhile, 7 days after receiving my refurbished replacement, I have spent all morning with my machine trying to “home”. I’ve tried everything to get the machine back to where I can begin production again. I’ve lost 3 hours so far. Wondering how many days, and how much business I’m going to loose over this one - I had to cancel 20+ orders with the last set back. HELP GLOWFORGE - stop with all the excess marketing campaigns and put your efforts into supporting the machinery. PLEASE!!!

3 Likes

Everyone is in the same boat, Server issues again, We are all stuck in the Homing & Centering. I too have lost too many orders lately due to server issues…

2 Likes

I’m done communicating with them via email - they can communicate in the forums so that we have a searchable database for previous problems/errors. If they won’t build a sustainable customer service system, we can help them by solely using the forum to communicate with them. I guarantee you when eyes are able to be on it - and people can SEE and do research BEFORE they buy, GF will find funds to improve their customer service! Let’s all join together and help them get better! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’d actually admit something like that in public, much less blame the company for my own decisions. :wink:

6 Likes

Outages only happen once or twice a month at most, you’d have to be pretty unlucky for those to be the only days you have for filling customer orders! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve not been lucky at all - I’ve had a 14 day run of NOT having a machine to fill orders. I’m not the only one complaining about GF issues. There’s a TON of customers that are over their lack of concern.

1 Like

The servers haven’t been down for 14 days. Something else is going on with your machine!

1 Like

Sigh… once again - @dan publicly encourages small businesses to use a Glowforge.

Please feel free to curb your uninformed, snide, condescension.

3 Likes

Just saying. Marketing is SUPPOSED to make you want to do things…but quitting your job on the promises of a marketing campaign, without proving to yourself first that it’s really possible? :woman_shrugging: I was being honest; I’m one of the most impulsive people I know, but I just can’t imagine doing that, much less openly admitting it.

2 Likes

Can anyone name another product that turns itself into a $3k paperweight once or twice a month?

How is something failing to work between 3% and 6% of the days acceptable at that price point, even if it is for a hobby device?

1 Like

So we should give $6k to a company and NOT believe the message that they strongly promote? :thinking: I’m can’t align with that logic - sorry!

:wink: Luckily my business isn’t 100% laser related - but there are a lot of people who have spent $6K that’s all that they have as their stay at home job. I’m blessed hat I have multiple machines to support my business endeavors. I’m also really blessed that I’ve been able to connect with people who have had similar machines and they have purchased 2nd machines from different laser companies. I now have an actual sales representative from another company that I purchased my second machine from. I wish I would have put more research into their product before making such a substantial business. I’m happy to help others in this pursuit though - they need to know the truth about the customer service side before choosing their laser equipment. I’m glad you have had such a wonderful experience with them though and truly hope for your sake that continues.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like they’re aware of the problem and working on it now.

I think this is the problems and support page.
Not a place to question people’s life choices.
Thanks

2 Likes

Sweet!

Although that “Investigating” message came in more than an hour after the problem started.

1 Like

I’m making more than I ever made working for a steel company for 20 years as a sales person… but thanks for being concerned about me. I really appreciate that! I will say that I don’t push the lasering side of my business and won’t until my new machine that’s NOT a Glowforge arrives! :slight_smile: Then I’ll be on the sites posting a GF Pro for sale - so if you’re in the market for a second one at that time you can HMU and I’ll gladly offload it on ya!

2 Likes

Great! They created a new page for us to subscribe to get updates from after we ALL are well aware there’s a problem… :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: sooo why didn’t they just add our emails to the subscription list when we purchased the machine… we all sign in with these emails to run our machines through their servers… seems like yet again a lack of customer service. Why not just make it easy on your consumer. That’s what you should be doing - like give us your email and we’ll give you a heads up anytime there’s ever a problem on our end. THAT’S customer service!

1 Like

That wouldn’t make much difference. The update was posted (and emailed) over an hour after people started posting here.

2 Likes

@geek2nurse How exciting it will be for you, when you realize that not everyone else’s experiences in life are the same as yours.

1 Like