Information on pre-release units

Shoot I thought this was the information we were going to hear “by Friday”…I wasn’t holding my breath for another announcement from Dan.

As a Pro owner I hope you’re right though!

1 Like

As I understand it, it is what we’ll hear about on Friday. Both the basic and pro delivery schedule. Exactly what he’ll say is onl speculation

2 Likes

Nord: So which way we rowin’?
Deacon: I don’t have a ********* clue. Don’t worry, they’ll row for a month before they figure out I’m fakin’ it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, I’ve checked my e-mail constantly and even fixed the issue with one of my accounts so it synchronizes again. Over 300 emails to sort through and not one from @dan. Need to check the settings to make sure it being sent to me correctly. :smiley:

5 Likes

So you are saying that Dan has forced you to accept a pre-release unit! Or that they shipped one to you without even checking to see if you wanted one!

8 Likes

Yeah, and they forgot to ask me for my address. That process is really screwed up.

10 Likes

No need to slow down the process with details

2 Likes

True. What scares me is why would you be shipping pre-release units in November, only to “recall” them 1 month later? My hope is that are shipping the pre-releases, will then ship all the September orders in December, and replace the pre-release units at some point after the October and beyond orders start to sihp.

I guess we find out in 2 days with the shipping announcement @dan promised.

3 Likes

I have been waiting too long for my GF… I think I’m ready!

And that is all I have to say about that!

9 Likes

So true. Good to see you.

1 Like

Back when video recording was done with VHS-camcorders, some friends went to Hawaii, had a few drinks and went to a waterfall. They couldn’t get the waterfall in the frame the way they wanted, so they rotated it 90 degrees like you would a still camera. When they got home and played the video there was the waterfall flowing right to left across the TV screen.

6 Likes

Stupid easy fix. Just turn the VHS player on it’s side.

21 Likes

Now that’s cleaver. :wink:

4 Likes

A few years ago I accidentally shot a bunch of moto trail-riding with my gopro sideways. We stood a laptop on it’s side to watch the footage.

4 Likes

The announcement will definitely be about the shipping schedule. On-time, early, or delayed. But since we know Basic were shipping first, I’m not sure if we’ll hear about the Pro shipping dates. Hope so! Guess we’ll see!

1 Like

Wow. So I turn my head and don’t look at this thread for a day and a half and there are like 150 more posts! Excited much, are we? :yum:

3 Likes

That’s funny :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Dan!

1 Like

Besides being crazy excited about getting my Glowforge one day, I would LOVE to create a ton of videos on our YouTube channel. While we don’t have the reach of the Tested team, we’ve got 375k subscribers and 38 million views so far, so I’d do my best to give it some good pub! :grin: www.youtube.com/techtalkamerica. My friend David does most of the teaching and I do the editing and occasionally teach as well. Sure, it’s a cheap self-promo, but It would really be a blast to help make my future Glowforge the best it can be.

12 Likes