Does anyone have a link to instructions on perpetual calendar and what material thickness is recommended?
I believe the file calls for thick wood (1/4") and medium (1/8") acrylic. Assembly instructions are not included. I believe you glue the two base pieces together. Put the two acrylic pieces into the slots. Glue the end pieces together and insert over the edges of the acrylic. The small piece simply sits between the acrylic sheets and slides back and forth.
Yeah, the names of the .pdfs are “thick wood” and “medium acrylic” so that’ll be the thicknesses (~1/8" and 1/4")
I attempted to upload the design on GF Interface and it says that I need to use the shape subtraction tool to make it upload correctly I have tried to do what it simply states, using Illustrator. I was unsuccessful, and hoped I could come up with a video tutorial on how to do so, but again… unsuccessful. I found step by step instructions on google…which are very unclear and again, came back unsuccessful. I would just skip the design, but I am pretty sure it is much needed in order for the calendar to show the numbered days. Thanks for the material specifications! I got excited, and jumped on about to conquer the world and my rainbows and sunshines were demolished!BOOOOOHOOOHOOO!
Sorry for your frustration. I did not modify the design in my software, so I did not have the issue you are having. For the acrylic, I ignored the pattern on the non-numbered sheet in the interest of speed. The wood base is where personal modification would take place. What happens if you simply drag the acrylic files onto the Glowforge interface bed?
Here’s the message the GFUI returned when I loaded the acrylic file:
In this and many cases, you can safely click the “X” in the upper right to clear the message and proceed. The file should print just fine (be sure to set the printing hint & GF copyright layer to “Ignore”).
No errors, alerts or issues uploading either design page as supplied/downloaded.
If you are making modifications, then the issue is with your process or software, not the design file. You don’t need to open this in any design app before uploading.
Only issue I ran into with this design was that the end-cap pieces I guess you’d call them, didn’t line up perfectly flush with the base. No big deal to me honestly. Honestly it’s just due to variation in the plywood would be my guess
This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.