Interface changes images size when turning

Thanks for continuing to work with us on this. My name is Vee, and I’m a Senior Technical Support Engineer here at Glowforge. I’ve taken a look at your message to Morgan, and spoken to Marc regarding your report. I wanted to make sure we’re on the same page as I investigate this for you, so I’m doing a couple of unusual things that may seem like moving backwards at first.

My immediate thought upon reviewing your situation was that I want to make sure that there’s nothing else possible warping the print results as you reported. Could you please let me know an example date and time (to the best of your recollection) that a print came out warped and ruined a sheet of material? I’d love to pull the logs from a print or two to put all the pieces together and eliminate any other factors. If you have any photos of the warped results, also, I’d be interested to see those.

Regarding the design rotation in the app, I’ve done some testing on this. I’ve even attached a video, showing what I see when I rotate a fairly simple design. I apologize for explaining this if you’re already aware, but notice that as I rotate it, the width and height definitely “change”, because the rectangle that’s surrounding the overall design on the material is accounting for the angles. Imagine a larger box surrounding the entire design as you rotate it - when it’s rotated to a “diamond shape”, that box is going to be much bigger than when it’s oriented to an upright rectangle, and even when returned to an upright rectangle manually, it can be difficult to make the position 100% orthogonal, so a difference of couple hundredths of an inch to account for the larger “surrounding” rectangle does not seem unusual. The relative dimensions of my rotated design, however, remain locked, and have not been resized. I hope this makes sense, and let me know if this is different from what you’re seeing.

2 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.