Interior Lid LED Lights stopped working

Hi there, I got my Glowforge Plus Last month and it’s been working fine. Yesterday I was using it, and after 3-4 jobs when I went to put in new material the LEDs turned off. I turned off the machine. When I came back a few hours later I turned on the machine and ever since – no lights! Earlier today they came on for 1 second at startup.

The laser still works. No errors. No Lid Open stuff. The app looks fine.
I checked the connections, cleaned the camera, plugged unplugged. Right now everything still works so I’ve resorted to using a lamp for artwork placement :neutral_face:
I’m thinking it has to be some sort of connection issue but would love some input. Has anyone dealt with this issue on their machine? See pics below.

1 Like

Welcome to the best accessory for your new laser, this community.
That connection in the second picture was my first thought, but the same contacts for the lights also connects the magnetic safeties for a door/lid open warning. Since there are no error messages, I am lost.
It helps support to give the date/time and time zone of the attempt to zero in on the machine logs in a problem report, but they will get you squared away.

3 Likes

Yeah what @PrintToLaser said - you could also do a visual inspection of the line of LEDs - see if you can see a break in the line somewhere, but I have a hard time imagining they’re all running into one wire, I would imagine one for each side so…

Fingers crossed the staff has an answer!

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag! When you open and close the lid slowly, do the LEDs flicker at all?

Hi Stephen - still no lights. I’ve tried closing the lid extra slow and tried to inspect the actual lights but can’t seem to have any luck. The past few days I’ve been just been using a lamp to illuminate the bed. The leds have only come on that one time for a second. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’d like to send you a replacement part that should resolve this.

I’m going to close this thread and I’ll follow up with you in email shortly to arrange the details.

1 Like