Intermittent Upload Error

I’ve tried several times to upload a file I’ve used without issue in the past. This one keeps giving me an error message for some reason. Anyone else experience this? The only change to the file is an added vector graphic. It’s a simple design with no extraneous paths or anything. I’ve tried refreshing, closing, quitting, turning off and on… nothing works!

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 10.14.12 AM

You’ll need to include the file if you want support to look at it.

It happens. There is another current thread here on this. File from AI gave an error, but opened and saved with Inkscape and it opened fine.

If there has been a change with how the UI handles AI files, they’ll need to know ASAP.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t want to upload the file here as it’s not shareable (the artwork is mine and don’t want it out in the public domain).

I’ll try emailing support directly as well as trying the Inkscape route.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag! I completely understand not wanting to upload the file to this thread, so we’ll keep an eye out for the file to be emailed directly. Once we can review it, we’ll send over the next best steps directly via email.

I’ll keep this thread open for the time being, and wait until we’ve received the direct email.

1 Like

Hi there, I did a little more experimenting and I think it’s sorted out. I ended up copying and pasting my artwork into a completely new document in Illustrator. Then replaced and saved that over the old version. I did this on two separate files and both uploaded as normal into the GF interface.

Perhaps a recent update of Illustrator CC corrupted my files? Who knows?

Curious if this has happened to anyone else. I’m running Illustrator CC v22.1.

Thank you for updating us! I’m glad to hear that you were able to narrow down what was causing the snag, and this allowed you to upload the files.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com in the future if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help :slight_smile:

1 Like