Internal lights not working

I’ve had my GF for a couple of months and suddenly my interior lights stopped working. They work some of the time, when the lid is open, but they turn off when I lower the lid about half way. Obviously, not having the internal lights makes it difficult to place artwork. I saw a thread from another person who had the same problem, apparently there’s a replacement part that you can send me?

You might want to take a look at the lid cables. The connections shown in red below should be checked to make sure they are closed.

cable-checks

I’d also closely examine the cable at the area circled in green and take a close up photo or two of it for support to take a look at.

1 Like

The connections all look pretty solid. But when I touch that big cable in the back (see attachment), the lights flicker. Could there be a short?

Definitely could be. Support will probably get you a new black cable. I just replaced mine the other day and the process isn’t too difficult. The most time consuming part is removing the old adhesive from the lid.

In the meantime, I’d probably hold off on running the machine/power off - just in case. Flaky electrical stuff always worry me. I’d hate to truly let the smoke out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A short is unlikely since that would mean something metallic has gotten between two pins and there shouldn’t be anything metallic in the GF floating around. I suspect that it is either a broken wire or loose connector. It might be worth carefully unsnapping each latch and reseating the cables in the connector to ensure they are tight and seated correctly.

1 Like

Thank you for checking that out for us. It’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’m going to close this thread and I’ll follow up with you in email to arrange the details.