International glowforgers

Nope. I think we’ll be last - even though I ordered in the first couple of days.

After six weeks of “shipping” they haven’t even done a significant fraction of the first day domestic basic orders yet. Rather than a ramp up, dispatch seems to have slowed down in the last couple of weeks, so I don’t expect to see mine this year. I will spend two months of the winter in sunnier climes so if they miss their latest schedule I wont be here to receive it.

3 Likes

Here is a graph of emails from the spreadsheet before it got censored.

1 Like

it got censored?
I look at it 50 plus times a day.

What do you mean by the spreadsheet got censored? :worried:

Censored is a pretty strong word. I suppose you can make your own call on it though. I believe that some information was removed that users hadn’t added about themselves - that other people researched about users on the forum and added info about other people.

A thread by Dan was posted here:

7 Likes

Not in Hong Kong and Taiwan as well.
We just want to know exactly when will they send mail to us.

1 Like

We all do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No staff reply directly for the International shipping issues yet.

why would they? they’ll make an announcement when they start shipping internationally, i’m sure.

The information is still there in the document history. I don’t see what the problem is if somebody publicly announces they received the email / dispatch / delivery in a forum, why would they object to that being collated into a spreadsheet. It isn’t revealing anything they didn’t intend to reveal.

Everything said in this forum is readable by anybody in the world, so don’t post anything you want to keep secret.

1 Like

I think international customers deserve to be on the same schedule timeframe as we paid even more for shipping. (I think my shipping cost was over 1k. :disappointed_relieved:) However the cost should be justifiable if we get our glowforge accordingly to the date that we order it.

1 Like

You might get it sooner, but not in one piece. They’ve already upgraded the packaging once because couriers are congenitally unable to read, or understand the words “fragile” or “this way up” etc.
Our American cousins are our guinea pigs. They have to put up with the possibility of getting a damaged shipment and the hassle that entails. The lessons learnt from shipping domestically first improve our chances of receiving ours intact.
For those of us living outside Continental America the risks are increased dramatically (baggage handlers) so I for one am happy to wait. I’d rather be smiling when I open that box, not weeping.

13 Likes

I want to preface what I am about to say with I am an international buyer.

We are on the same schedule, the delay that we are experiencing is not due to GF wanting to ship out to domestic buyers first. It has to do with regulations in other countries. They are presumably in talks with customs officials / import experts in each country to ensure that when they ship our fragile/ expensive units, they;
a) aren’t held up for months while customs tries to figure out if they are safe to enter the country. and
b) don’t get dismantled in order to figure out the above.

This is not an issue for domestic shipments as they aren’t going through the same regulatory gate that one does when crossing a boarder.

From what Dan has said, they will be shipping out international orders as they sort out the regulations. when a new country becomes open they will announce it.

5 Likes

I see, thanks for clarifying the details.

Don’t take someone’s information and repackage it, repost it without asking them. Common courtesy, common decency.

Just because you CAN do a thing doesn’t mean you SHOULD do a thing.

2 Likes

Publicly shared information is just that - public.

(Ooops - should I have asked your permission before I repacked and re-posted your post, otherwise known as quoting).

3 Likes

Well I just don’t see any moral difference between it and quoting.

The information, while visible to the general public, is hosted and paid for by Glowforge. Like almost anything else in this world, you can choose to agree or not agree with the terms of service of using a product (which this member forum is).

I purposely didn’t sign up and volunteer information on the spreadsheet put together by a 3rd party and hosted externally. Is it illegal to parse the information on this server and transcribe it external of this site? Not to my knowledge. Is it against the terms of service? It is now. Abide by it or not - your call.

4 Likes

I should point out it wasn’t me that entered other people’s data, apart from I did fill in @PlGHEADED’s delivery date. Nearly all the edits are anonymous, so unless somebody does some real doxing it will be impossible to enforce the terms of service. It might not even be a forum member for all I know.

1 Like