International Shipping Latest

You can get close to that in Canada, I think. Pretty sure rates were quite a bit lower though back in the pre-order days.

OK. Yeah the math doesn’t work. I don’t know when you will receive a unit but May 31st is not anywhere near 4 years. But the likely truth is it’s not about the investment. We all want to be paid for the pain of waiting. I was.

The pre-order saved me $2500 U.S. over today’s cost. Not going to fool myself into believing that I would have invested the funds versus spending it on some other toy. If you are the rare person that had a business plan for the GF then investment costs might be more relevant. But, I would strongly suggest re-looking at the plan. Maybe I’m missing something but can’t see any way that an International business purchase makes sense. Even if the unit had been delivered last year. Need to look at current and future cost. I saved a butt load of money. Not everyone will.

2 Likes

My order date was 2015-09-29, that’s pretty close to 4 years if it actually delivers at the end of May!

And… My post is just venting! I would not have invested either! :slight_smile:

I was and I am totally behind Glowforge, I think they built an amazing product and I am looking forward to getting and working with mine.

It was easier when nobody had one and it was a dream for everyone, but now that I see all the great things people are doing, updates to the software and everything moving forward it makes it harder to wait!

It’s still frustrating, and It would be nice to see a little more info/feedback something from the team, but overall I will wait (with a bit of grumbling) and be thankful when it finally arrives!

Thanks
Bill

4 Likes

I sent an email to support@glowforge.com on Friday of last week and I’ve still not heard back. Looking to see what my downgrade options are so I can actually start working on my business.

Just so you know, I’m not defending anything the company is doing. The product seems to be good but everything else screams that GF is taking a “less is best” approach to customer satisfaction. It’s the only reason I have never referred another buyer. I like my Pro and wish I could show it off, but couldn’t in good conscience ask someone else to start a relationship with the company while the customer/company communication was so poor.

7 Likes

Posted a thread here if any of you want to put your 2 cents in. Basically we had our money locked up with Glowforge for over 3 years. It’s time for them to return the favor

1 Like

Ditto, if I’m asked about GF in any way the 20 minute story comes out as a warning.

Honestly, if I could work the rose colour future out of my eyes and look at the actual service I’d have to conclude they are worse than Enbridge. In my province I don’t know how to express greater dissatisfaction for something of same range of cost.

If a Glowforge v2 or “multitask” or something of that ilk comes out less than a year after the pro finally arrives and is confirmed functional I think it might just complete the symphony.

I asked to downgrade my Glowforge to a model that ships to Canada on January 23rd (a ticket I opened on January 18th) and I am still waiting on a reply. Support is REALLY lagging behind it seems.

I dont know if I should just start tagging @dan and @Rita in everything but I’m really wondering if I have been forgotten about or if my ticket is getting filtered for some reason

Would you mind sending me an email (danshapiro@) with the info so I can look for you? I know CS has been swamped but I’d like to see what’s holding that up - we should be able to do it quickly.

2 Likes

Done!
Got an auto reply back with another ticket number. Hopefully that doesn’t throw a wrench into the system somewhere and cause more work for your staff

Hey soulfibre, have you gotten yours yet? Mine jumped from Feb to June without any notice. Its the waiting game now I guess. Or probably Dan is waiting for us to cancel coz he already made his money from these years.

Dan is even too lazy to write new and current updates for international shipping that he keeps tagging outdated post from september 2018. I mean as international buyer and that we shipment have been overdue over 2 years, we aspect at least current and transparent updates. I am from Singapore by the way. Wonder whats the years long process looks like…

I’m sorry we haven’t been able to ship your unit yet, @santhosh. This thread was updated with the latest last month, and we’ll update it again as soon as we have any new information.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been thinking of too… Though do you still get a discounted model or do you have to waive that? Wondering if the Pro is ever really going to be allowed here.

I ended up downgrading to a basic. It was the current retail price of the basic which is pretty close to the original crowdfunding price

Blah blah blah… My delivery date is in September now. I don’t even care anymore. I haven’t bothered reading the latest updates as they mean nothing for international customers. We even have our private little corner where we can complain out of sight of the people who already have their printers… Luckily I’m based in Hong Kong where they have several models that compare very well to Glowforge at a fraction of the price. Incredible precision, user friendly, etc. This is nothing more than a poorly executed operation.

I’ll keep waiting.

2 Likes

I’m at a loss as to why you would continue to wait for your Glowforge if this is the case. Why not get your money back and buy one of the cheaper machines if they’re as good?

7 Likes

Publish some names, I’m sure many users here would be interested to know about other options and Glowforge doesn’t care if you post about them here on the forum.

8 Likes

I would be extremely unhappy with the delays and I would be disillusioned too. If you have options for something the fraction of the cost and just is good, it does seem kinda weird to keep waiting and putting up with the frustration if you could be up and running with a local machine.

2 Likes

I got my Glowforge last week… But the crumb tray and vent hose never showed up.
I sent support a message a week ago today and got a message on Monday saying they forgot to send it and would give me a shipping notice with the details. I got that yesterday even though the shipment was sent on Monday.
Today when looking at the shipping notice I see there is an exception and my package is delayed. Turns out they forgot to attach the commercial invoice and they need to contact fedex. I relayed the message to their support team and I am REALLY hoping its not the 3-4 business day turn around for support tickets that I’ve had so far. At this point I am looking like I’m going to have my glowforge for two weeks without being able to use it.

In contrast, AFTER I gave my shipping details to glowforge for the original shipment I ordered an X-Carve. Not only did it arrive a day sooner than my glowforge but even with a 14 hour assembly time spread out over a few days AND accidentally breaking a piece and having it overnighted to me (free of charge, the Inventables staff is great) I’m able to go home and start using that machine right away tonight.

I just want to use the thing I paid for 3 years ago.

3 Likes