International Shipping Latest

I would do that and I even have a spare hose I can use… but thats not the point. Stuff that I should have had early last month just arent even here yet. I had opened a ticket to downgrade my pro to a basic on the 18th of January that took almost 3 weeks to resolve. Now I finally got my laser and I dont even have the stuff to use it how they recommend to use it. I could do shims and all that to raise my material to the right height but at this point I’ve waited for so long it doesnt even phase me that the thing is just sitting there doing nothing.

I can’t order proofgrade without going through a 3rd party in the US, I can’t order stuff on the design catalog because I’m not a US resident, I can’t even use my machine because they didnt send me everything I need. I used to be a huge cheerleader for the glowforge brand but now I’m so upset with the customer service I got that I’m considering taking any additional money elsewhere.

3 Likes

2nd that Inventables Support proccess is top notch. Some of the best and quickest I have ever worked with, especially for such a small company. Funny, it’s not like Inventables is unfamiliar to GF management. Hint, hint.

4 Likes

Can you share the names? I’m going to Hong Kong next week and would love to look at alternatives. I don’t have faith that Glowforge is doing anything except waiting for international orders to cancel.

I think you have to ask @rogeroliveira. He hasn’t mentioned who since he posted a week ago that there were many in HK. Perhaps you’ll have more luck than the rest of us. Even with his tip that there are several models with comparable features and better pricing available in HK, I haven’t been able to track anything down via Google. Maybe they’re only on Chinese sites without English translations.

Thanks. That forum confuses me. If I reply to someone it appears at the bottom of the posts. We’re going to a leather conference, so maybe they will have some laser cutters there.

jamesdhatch

March 8

ladyheather:
Can you share the names?

I think you have to ask @rogeroliveira. He hasn’t mentioned who since he posted a week ago that there were many in HK. Perhaps you’ll have more luck than the rest of us. Even with his tip that there are several models with comparable features and better pricing available in HK, I haven’t been able to track anything down via Google. Maybe they’re only on Chinese sites without English translations.

Just a quick question for international customers and @dan. My expected delivery date is April 30 and while I am expecting it to change I was curious if this is the date that I can expect Glowforge to contact me about shipping or if I should be expecting an email in the next few weeks to confirm delivery details so it arrives around April 30. Any advice from people who recently received their units would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Michael.

1 Like

historically all shipping dates have meant when you get the email asking if you want to accept delivery.

1 Like

@dan
Hello, I Check for vacation in april at Guadalajara. This possible to visit the factory ?

Let me know if this is possible.

I could ne view a Glowforge pro in real Before receive mine in Canada.

Thank you. Fingers crossed the date won’t change again.

This makes me think of Vader’s, “I’ve altered our agreement. Pray I don’t alter it more.” or whatever the exact wording. Haven’t watched Empire in ages, which is probably a cross between a misdemeanor and a minor sin.

Of course, I can’t really compare @dan and Glowforge to Vader and the Empire. My experience has been they are fully committed to delivering on everything promised, even if that development is more involved, and therefore slower, than originally intended.

5 Likes

Unfortunately no, the factory isn’t open for tours.

1 Like

Dan,

The customer service is non-existent. You know who the customers are who have not received their Glowforge Pros, why don’t you have the common courtesy to send us an email? Rather than make us search for your latest delay???

by the way, have you actually made any progress for shipping the Pro to Canada or are you still just kicking the date down the road???

Regards, but not much, Teresa

5 Likes

@dan there was no mention of what is happening with the library and proof grade shop for international buyers. I am looking forward to getting my Glowforge in the coming months but would like to be able to use my credit to purchase designs from the library and get additional proof grade materials. Can you update on the status of these for us please

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering about the same thing. An update would be appreciated.

2 Likes

You should do a tour video.

We haven’t announced a launch date for international designs or materials yet.

Then how are international customers able to use their credit that has been accruing every month past their original forecast date. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate that we are being offered the credit but if we can’t get it back as cash and can’t spend it on designs or materials what other options do we have.

9 Likes

This, defiantly agree!

1 Like

Well happy 5 years to GF… will I have to celebrate 5 years of waiting?
purchased Pro 2015-09-24…
Canada…
and the “new” dates are:
|Product|Delivery|
|Glowforge Pro|May 31, 2019|
|Air Filter|August 31, 2019|

1 Like

Just curious, International designs, what possible hold up could you have there? Pardon my question. It’s software alone I presume. Beyond localisation (which you could launch without initially) I can’t understand how contributing or buying designs internationally could be an issue. Payment handling is a solved thing. Is it more of a vetting/verification process for designs before they make it to the store?

1 Like