International Shipping Latest

I have to agree with @statewide, it seems strange to me that this problem isn’t already solved. It would be great for all international customers to have the plan laid out so we know what we’re likely to expect. I’m pretty sure no one wants to get irrate over yet another thing beyond their glowforge delivery date at this point.

2 Likes

I will be in town during the week of april 14 to april 20. Like owner who wait for a pro printer in Canada since many years now,

I will be very Happy to have the possibility to view printer in real.

Unfortunately folks, I believe that Dan is currently out of the country. He mentioned being out of the country for three weeks attending conferences overseas, and that he wouldn’t be as available. (Don’t know if he’s planning to check forum messages or not, but if you don’t get answers to your questions, it’s likely because he hasn’t seen them.) :slightly_smiling_face:

@marc_etiennetremblay, my understanding is that Glowforge has a firm policy of not accepting visitors without an invitation or appointment. I wouldn’t want you to go there and be disappointed if you could not get in to see the machines. It’s a business office during the day, they don’t demonstrate the lasers there.

1 Like

Understood Jules, but surely dan is not the sole person doing customer service on these forums. The company is surely big enough that others can chime in with a status update.

1 Like

If I just read the March Update right, it says the shipping dates for international orders are correct, can i safely say that my 30 April shipment is accurate??

Been waiting on it for 3 years and just looking at what others have made is making me so jealous.

1 Like

One would hope so. I’m waiting until June/July.

1 Like

Not trying to rain on your parade, but historically, it said that in literally every update up to about two weeks before the date actually hit…

4 Likes

I agree. My date is April 30 but it has changed on me twice before within 2 weeks of the previously forecast dates. I hope it doesn’t change but i won’t be surprised if it does.

2 Likes

Fantastic, July 2019 now.

Don’t need to worry about using it for my summer charity event this year. Phew, think of all that effort that saves me.

1 Like

Ha ha ha August 2019 now. I dare one of you glowforge self styled moderators to tell me now that it’s not because we don’t matter. WE CLEARLY DONT MATTER to anyone at glowforge. What hurts the most is the continued bullshit and the fact we believed in 2015 now close to 5 years later and I still don’t have what I paid for . Crowd funding is for idiots. And I am a idiot .

7 Likes

9/2015 to 4/2019 is not yet 4 years.

I won’t argue the subjective stuff, but when the objective “facts” are in error, I feel compelled to point it out. :wink:

2 Likes

Yet another update and no suprise, yet another slip in the delivery date. Great so we’ve now slipped another month on the printer. I’ve just stopped planning to do anything directly with it now. Let alone get the space was going to dedicate to it ready because I can’t trust that it’s actually going to ship.

:frowning:

1 Like

Whatever. Why don’t you take your condescending attitude and use it to make something on your glowforge that you have had for a long time already.

1 Like

I wasn’t being condescending; I have nothing to be condescending about. If I could do something that would get your GF to you sooner, I would; I have no reason to feel smug just because I happen to be fortunate enough not to live behind an import wall that is resisting penetration. I was just pointing out an error that seems to be propagating through the forum. You may have seen another person complain that it had been 5 years, or you may have independently made the same mistake, but I thought that pointing it out might keep it from spreading any further.

2 Likes

Ok excellent so you must work at glowforge in the export and logistics dept to be able

to make that statement that I and everyone else who has not received their glowforge lives behind a import wall that is resisting penetration???

Great could you give us some more info on what you mean resisting penetration as you will have all the info we need to understand this situation as you must be a glowforge employee, otherwise how would you be able to make that statement.

As per the 5 years. You are right it will only be 4 years till I receive my glowforge if this shipping date does not change. How this makes it better I don’t know. But I am looking forward to you telling us how the export process is going and the hang ups that you as a company are facing.

3 Likes

HERE WE GO AGAIN! My May 31 ship date was just changed to JULY 31. Just getting close enough that Glowforge is supposed to call for delivery dates and they move the date out.

No courtesy progress report as usual. No email. No update on progress. No interest in how this might be affecting someone who actually needs to use the Glowforge.

PLEASE HAVE THE INTEGRITY TO TELL YOUR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEIR DELIVERIES.

UGH!

8 Likes

可以解釋一下台灣的訂單為何又被延遲了6個月?
四年的時間無法供貨給國際客戶
合理嗎?

2 Likes

见 一 如 不 闻 百

Consider that the CEO of the company has stated, more than once, that the only reason some countries are delayed are due to issues with importing lasers - information you had clearly missed somehow - your being snarky to another customer who was clarifying that seems counter productive.
Yes it’s frustrating, but take the time to read all the updates that have been made to the machine in the time you’ve been waiting. You’re going to get a machine that is out-of-the-box better than the machines that ones who received it earlier got. Yes, the updates are over-the-air so those machines have been updated, but only after issues, and bug reports, and attempts at repairs, and, and, and.
Others have been beta testing and reporting so that you will get a better machine.

5 Likes

No, I just read what they post in the forums. Scroll up to the first message in this thread to read the latest updates.