International Shipping Latest

如果最後幾個很難送達的地方
一開始就該拒絕我們的預定

絕對不是少數人沒有收到

How many have not received? Where do you find this information?

告訴我!
有哪些地區的國際預定收到貨了?
不要輕視我們~就算是少數!

I have not made any claims one way or the other. I asked for the source for YOUR statements, since you said @deirdrebeth (and @dan’s information) was wrong. If you are going to make accusations and expect to be taken seriously, you should be ready to back them up with facts.

3 Likes

整個亞洲地區都沒有人收到
很少嗎!!!
大家幾乎都等了四年~~還不夠久嗎!!!

I understand the wait is frustrating. Government import restrictions are the issue. Glowforge is trying to overcome those, but are not responsible for their existence.

3 Likes

Pretty much the only thing they are guilty of with respect to international shipments is accepting the orders in the first place. Wasn’t cool to accept orders that can’t readily be filled. There were a bunch of countries that were initially part of international pool that the company decided to refund. Not sure which countries have received shipping thus far. U.S. Canada and most of the EU countries. Would have been a lot better on the PR front to disallow orders until international logistics and regulations were satisfied.

7 Likes

Considering at the time they took our orders they couldn’t officially sell them even in the US (a number of the US regulations are dependent on the specific machine - and it didn’t exist in it’s final format at that point) then you’re pretty much saying that pre-sales shouldn’t exist…
Offering a 100% refund really covers buyers remorse

1 Like

Yep. I’m saying that pre-sales outside the U.S. should not have occurred until they understood regulations and had a plan for each country. The manner that U.S. customers were strung along didn’t foster trust but it was a simple investment decision. Otherwise many would likely have found another toy to buy. It wasn’t necessary to do the same to small order numbers from many International countries. Wait until the company can concentrate on a specific country to open up the orders. Otherwise it’s a PR nightmare for very limited financial reward.

3 Likes

Hindsight, etc. etc. :slight_smile:

We can point a finger at the complete lack of warning those issues my even exist from the outset. I’d also question the due diligence, identify this problem early enough to deal with it while you were still, only, having production problems.

Years, not months. I think we can let her gripe with some understanding if not compassion. As upset as most of you were till the units started shipping consider it may be twice as long for others to get theirs if not longer before becoming an apologist.

The money I parted with would be in kindergarten by now, making me laser engraved macaroni mugs.

@rpegg is right, I should have been moderately upset to not be included instead of being permitted to buy something that was guess on a guess. Forget hindsight, it should be downright embarrassing for them to do anything but resolve it.

I don’t know why we aren’t getting more regular updates sent to us, including when information changes about our particular cases. That’s what, an hour from time to time for each batch stuck on the same issue to acknowledge the opportunity cost and share something to foster belief that GF trying (as you claim, without evidence yourself)?

5 Likes

Every time there is a change to your particular case your due date is updated.
You parted with money for a product that did not exist in its final form. You have been offered a 100% refund at any time, which includes after the very first acknowledgement that they wouldn’t hit the hoped for shipping deadline, and continues with every update to your delivery deadline. That you have not taken is not a smear on the company, it is a choice by a consumer. That you would rather have not been included is on you. Others would rather be given the opportunity, and knew they were making an investment in a future product.
No one is not being compassionate - which is why, since you never know if a person is aware or not, people are being reminded that they could have their money returned at any time. The problem is, despite some grandstanding on here, there is no equivalent product in existence. There is a reason people continue to wait - and there is a reason this company continues to try and get those orders delivered. There is literally nothing else exactly like a :glowforge: on the market and all parties are aware of this.

5 Likes

The only thing reliable about that delivery date for us is that a month from the time they are suppose to deliver – it changes. Not a word as to why, not even an alert that it did. It quietly changes on a page they’ve made even harder to find. Once, just once we heard about an inspection of a plant and then nothing.

That makes it seem like there’s no effort; they wait till date X-1 month, nothing has changed, push the delay button again. If they told me “Canadian customers, we’ve met with Health Canada, new forms to fill. Closing in on a shipper, we’ll try again next week” I’d feel like there’s progress. They did that with the manufacturing issues, we saw static causing stickers, heard about power supplies (I think), framing issues, shipping container tests. Crickets about this.

That refund, taken by many, is a false resolution for the reason you state. They took my money for something that doesn’t exist anywhere else. I can’t get that refund, go across the street to BlazeSmelter and turn that into a similar device to get satisfaction. Money back doesn’t resolve the problem. I know it seems like it – it’s a compelling statement – but I want what the unique functionality promised by this company, not something else of equal price. As tempting as a it to add some Handsome Elvis to my life I want the GF, I hear there’s nothing else like it.

They told me X, accepted payment for it and they continue to not deliver with no updates. That’s on them no matter how you slice it. We get to complain about that, justifiably so.

3 Likes

Any post with a Handsome Elvis link deserves a :heartbeat: :grin:

I do commiserate with you - still waiting on my filter.

Cheers, and I felt for crystal_lifeart. Frustrated, feeling cheated and being told she was wrong to feel that way isn’t fun.

At least now my delivery dates have the filter arriving after the device. That may have been the worst, a filter… so lonely it could cry :wink:

1 Like

Already wrote to customer service~~~~

Dear Sir,
I am very upset about the way you treated my order of your glowforge machine. It has been 43 months since I placed my order and I cannot see any good outcome it can be for the coming future, even if now you send the machine to me.

I therefore decide to cancel my order and please return my payment to me asap.

Welp, looks like :glowforge: is finally gearing up to ship the Pro units to Canada :smiley:
I almost thought this day would never come!
Bout time :smirk:

3 Likes

Congrats! :smile:

Thx :smile:
l’ll now be able to run pew pew races between my Dremel and the GF :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I remember this moment so well and I’m so happy for you!!