International Shipping Latest

Can confirm, Canada pro golden email received.

7 Likes

What what what?

A confirmation too?

Ehh, I can 3rd that. Got mine golden too.

Wow… not often I don’t know what to say.

2 Likes

Hi Dan, as someone in Canada who did receive his GlowForge I would like to thank you and the rest of your team for delivering such a brilliant product at an amazing price point. I for one can not wait for the prof-grade shipments to Canada and am very exited about your continued efforts to bring us such great gear.

For all of you out there waiting on your GlowForge, It is well worth the wait as this product is a truly amazing.

Thanks again to Dan and the team for all there hard work.

6 Likes

Now if only they would ship proofgrade across the border

4 Likes

I know right? 450 US dollars sitting around in my account I can’t use. Wonder what the reason is for not being able to send wood to Canada? Amazon does it.

1 Like

fwiw (and i don’t know if this is the case here), shipping wood across an international border can have issues. lots of rules about wood.

I’m able to order wood and acrylic from mostly US suppliers without issue at all. Inventables does it no problem at all, even ocooch hardwood does it and they are small fish compared to some of the distributors out there

1 Like

Not a problem for Amazon.

Last day I’m go to my hotmail account.
I’m not go since few days.
Surprise I have receive an email from Dan my Glowforge Pro is ready for shipping !! The email include a link for
Confirme if I want my Glowforge now or if I would like wait the airfilter who are always not ready.
After 5 years I now wait for the next email of shipping confirmation and track number !

5 Likes

Fear of Beavers. Gotta be it. They have seen the PSAs from Robin Sparkles after all.

I guess delaying shipments to, and joking about the misfortune of international customers is a thing down there.
I’m not laughing.

3 Likes

Been waiting years for International delivery for a Pro unit to Singapore. Delivery estimate has been pushed back (again, and again, and again, and again, and again) 4 months to October 2019.

It’s really not that difficult to import to Singapore, most of all the worlds goods pass via our ports and we have very clear processes to import everything with comprehensive HS code categories. Our country is heavily digital; Licenses are applied for online, there are minimal fees, and application results are instant. Evaluation of specification sheets take an additional week at most, and the perception that Singapore is a “heavily regulated” country honestly doesn’t apply when it comes to shipping.

It’s painful to see how the dates get kicked down the road once the previously estimated dates are approaching. It just feels like they’re going down the list according to the number of buyers per country, and Singapore suffers due to our likely smaller number of buyers. But honestly it’s one of the easiest places in the world to ship items to.

Just feels like the whole process is unnecessarily long, and the ambivalence to making sure that all customers, international or not, are treated equally fairly is extremely disappointing. I contributed equally towards your record of having the fastest funded project with the largest funded amount recorded, same as any US customers/backer, but GF’s reciprocal action to me is several tiers below a US customer/backer, if I take into account the access to similar services like materials shop, credit, etc.

6 Likes

I can understand your frustration and disappointment. I highly doubt that Glowforge would ever only ship out to countries depending on how many orders they got. There must be some reasons…or many…that shipment to Singapore has been set back by the government regulations there. There would be absolutely no benefit to Glowforge to hold back on your delivery otherwise. I am sure they are doing their best to treat every order fairly and with equality. Only just yesterday someone posted from Norway…finally getting their Glowforge. I hope your time comes very soon. Best of luck.

1 Like

Canada ended up being the 43rd supported country. After the US I’d imagine we may have put in the 2nd or 3rd most orders and we are just next door.

For us it was likely, in large part, Health Canada preventing import. They don’t like lasers.

I won’t say larger order counts don’t matter but it is not likely the only reason or Canada would have arrived earlier than 43rd.

Be strong, seek clarification, ask questions, complain. I still think it’s terrible that they are not supplying more information. You should know why it’s late else you have to guess.

6 Likes

Congratulations Canada! Long time coming. I do understand each country has regulators. I do not understand why US Territories which follow US reg are still not included in shipping and warranty replacement at no cost shipping…

1 Like

Is it just me or every Pro buyers in Canada got this mail:
"You let us know that you’re ready to receive your Glowforge Pro order XXXXXXXX and we’re working to get your shipment on its way. Unfortunately, we’ve just learned that there was an issue which prevented your order from arriving on time. We’re so sorry for the additional delay. "

:man_facepalming:
And we’re being credited with more money we can’t use (yet). At least there’s enough money banked to get a replacement tube when needed. :thinking:

Edit: checked my account, purchase history has gone blank. Seems there’s definitely some issues lol.

I received the same message, expected delivery date has not changed though. :man_shrugging:

I logged in to see if I was alone.

At this point I think they are testing our resolve, how far can they push us till we stop being polite.

We shall apologize on the beaches, we shall apologize on the landing grounds, we shall apologize in the fields and in the streets, we shall apologize in the hills; we shall never be mean spirited

– Canadian Churchill

4 Likes