Introducing Snapmark (September 2018)

It is not clear to me how 4 months later, I still do not have snapmarks on my pro machine

1 Like

It’s still in Beta. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had my Pro machine for just over a year before we got Snapmarks - so it takes time.

A year ago November. Still no Snapmarks.

Getting Snapmarks doesn’t depend on how long you’ve had your machine…nor what model it is (pro, basic, plus). Even if you’ve had your machine for a long time now, Snapmarks have only been around for about 6 months…so…patience, please.

3 Likes

what is troubling me is that the description implies that my machine has “noisy calibration data that won’t process without further work”

1 Like

Not at all, they are still at the stage of picking a few for testing. There are ten thousand + units out there, they are just working with a smaller sample of representative machines, to try and work out the kinks, each time . When they get the kinks worked out, they might pick a few more for further testing.

2 Likes

Ok. I got the email that it was getting rolled out to me as a beta user. However, it’s not there. Any idea who I could talk to?

Tony

My thought would be support, but I suspect that the email announcement comes a short time before the software application.

Have you gotten a replacement GF? Sometimes it gets rolled out to one that’s been returned. To find out if that’s the case, you can change the selected machine in the GFUI pulldown, and see if the magnet appears in the interface. It happened to me, and was SO disappointing! I eventually got it on my current machine, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just an FYI for anyone that may be having the same problem I am.
It turns out that my machine was mis-identified as ready for Snapmark when it actually wasn’t, the team is working on a fix for my issue but the timeline is unknown.

5 Likes

This suggests that they can pick any machine they want, but they can’t. Some machines do, indeed, have “noisy calibration data.” Mine is one.

1 Like

We don’t know, but I’m fairly certain they are not picking all of the people with un-noisy machines for the beta. I’m guessing they’re only up to about 10% (or less) of the machines at this point.*

*SWAG based on the number of times that tutorial link in the top post has been hit to date.

3 Likes

Is it possible to request access to Snapmark? I’d love to try it, I have a set of about 60 aluminum business cards I need to do.

1 Like

Unfortunately not. (That’s the issue - the beta testers are chosen at random based on their machine metrics…it’s all done by algorithm or magic of some kind.) :wink:

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat, @cchhun. I was stumped until @bonny let me know that was the case with my machine. So I’m sitting tight and hoping they’ll get back around to my machine soon. :crossed_fingers:

Nope, I have my one and only unit still. Didn’t mean to cause trouble but I got excited when I got the email.

Then if you’re still not seeing the magnet icon I think @bonny is the one who needs to know. I tagged her in this post to get her attention, so she should be dropping in soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the help

Very basic question, but did you cut or score the snapmarks?