Introducing the miniature Glowforge

I was thinking a white, dark and milk chocolate treat. And if you’re really ambitious a clear sugar lid.

But now that you mention it, a 3D chocolate printer, assuming quality chocolate, would give me back two weekends every December. So that too.

4 Likes

You’d need a 3D chocolate printer to print chocolate flavored mini Glowforges.
Mouth watering here…

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I think I might a pin out of it!

11 Likes

Looks really cute. :grinning:

2 Likes

So cute indeed - glad you made one!

1 Like

Absolutely wonderful!!! THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

Very creative! The sky’s the limit. That should be included in the next Antman and Wasp Marvel pic!

2 Likes

Funny - I enjoy those movies!

1 Like

It’s be awesome if they made a miniature glowforge filter. Oh wait, they never released one even though I paid for one. Smmfh

1 Like

Berg, I was in the same boat, but opted to get the CompactFilter. I like it even better than the original filter design simply due to the fact that the plans (and discussion on this forum) indicate that to change the consumable part of the filter for the original GF filter, you would / will need to lift the forge for access to the replacable part of the filter.

As such, the “Compact Filter” which is very easy to replace the consumable filter on is a much better fit for me. Since you pre-ordered the original filter, you can get a one-for-one swap to the CompactFilter if you wish by contacting support.

Many have done so and the vast majority are very pleased with it.

2 Likes

I love this, @arh2! I need to get busy and finish the miniature table design I was working on, so I’ll have a place to put it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That would be cool! Will it have storage for mini proofgrade?

2 Likes

Well, it was supposed to be a dining room table, but yeah, it’s going to have to have PG storage now!

13 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

This is way better than my first attempt.

7 Likes

Very nice too, I like it!

Hi, what settings did you use. Thanks

Settings are going to depend on the materials you select. Your best bet is to search the “Beyond the Manual” section for whatever material you want to try, since that’s the only place we can talk about non-PG settings.

Personally, I prefer to do a test strip on my material, so I can choose exactly how I want it to look. Here’s a post that will help you with that: New material cut test method

3 Likes

Thanks @geek2nurse! (Haven’t been on the laptop much lately…).
Glad @slavikkrupka you like the miniature Glowforge and want to print it! I used proofgrade materials only for this and the standard settings for each material. If you want to use different materials than I used, then follow @geek2nurse’s advice for testing the materials first. Would love to see your version, so do post a photo here if you can.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like