Introducing the miniature Glowforge

gf%20w%20quarter

To add to your collection of miniatures, or to show off your Glowforge without carrying it with you (@70lbs), or place it on your sales table, or to add to your dollhouse craft space, or give to those who wish they had one as an enticement to save up for one, or just because it is cute, or…

This is made with 5 different PG materials.

Printing tips:

• After printing the medium basswood ply pieces, do not lift the sheet from the bed - you’re certain to loose the tiny button. Use a piece of scotch (cello for Europeans) tape and grab the button before it disappears.
  • Before you weed the veneer, darken the Glowforge logo with a black marker. Engraving on veneer is pretty light. Do the same with the laser on black acrylic. I used a silver shiva oil paintstik.

Assembly tips:

• Glue thick sides together and then glue these to the base. Leave as is, or sand down and paint off-white.
  • Stick the veneer on the bed leaving enough room for the laser arm assembly.
  • Glue the laser arm together with the laser. Check that it fits in the unit; or sand it a little.
  • Glue in the laser arm assembly.
  • Use no fog glue to glue the lid down.
  • Place the button in the right panel, secure with a little tape. Glue both sides down.
  • Affix the exhaust port and add the calipers were you want.

svg and zip:
For personal use only as per forum rules!

glowforge
glowforge.svg.zip (514.8 KB)

Plenty of variations possible. I’ll be curious to see what you do with it!
FYI:

147 Likes

Recursion, love it.

6 Likes

Learned a new word today… :grin:

3 Likes

O.
M.
G!

That is so freaking cute I feel a HUMONGOUS squeeeeeeeeeeeee coming on! (Thought I had that beaten back, but i guess not.)
:smile::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:

21 Likes

I’m so glad to get that out of you … not good to bottle it up… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I might have to go print that. It will be mood elevating.

“Elevate me doctor” :smile:

7 Likes

Thinking of you I actually remembered to retake a photo WITH the quarter.

6 Likes

Sorry your mood needs elevating - hope this will do the trick!

5 Likes

Awwww…I blew a base assumption and screwed something up. Blew a couple solid weeks work. It’s put me in a bad mood, but what the heck, it’s only time, right?
(Not fatal, just an “I’m rather annoyed with myself at the moment”, kind of thing.)

Yeah, I can use some elevating. I think I’ll go start digging out some scraps. Many thanks! :wink:

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be too hard to put a glowing button on that :wink:

9 Likes

Sooooooo cute! Thank you so much for doing all of this work and then sharing it. I don’t know that I will ever make this, but I love the fact that I could if I wanted to - because of your generosity.

5 Likes

That is the best!

5 Likes

I’m going to make it for my granddaughter’s doll house!!

thank you for sharing!!

10 Likes

All I need to do now is find some dust, dirt and grime in that scale and it’ll be the spitting image of mine!

9 Likes

This opens the door to soooo many jokes…

6 Likes

A glowing button would be fun - have at it… :wink:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I guess I prefer to share as opposed to being the only one with a miniature Glowforge…

6 Likes

If you can, share a photo of it in the dollhouse. I love those. I have created several miniature room boxes (not having room for an entire dollhouse).

5 Likes

Look! A GlowforgeNano for all the scrap from the larger version of your favorite burninating machine.

Snapmarks not included

Thanks for the design

8 Likes

This is so delightfully precious! Thank you for sharing it with us.

5 Likes