Inventables Deal

I did and I’ll post a follow-up when I get the answer.

1 Like

Not sure if people saw this or not. Looks like its just as easy as buying something.

3 Likes

I’m just curious, but @dan, would Glowforge be willing to match this deal from Inventibles? While there are easily over $200 worth of stuff that I’d like to get from Inventibles, I for one would be VERY interested in getting more Proofgrade and a deal like this would certainly speed up my timetable to purchase my next batch of :proofgrade: .

8 Likes

Inventables support confirmed: just buy the stuff and you are good to go.

(It seemed too good to be true with no mention of the deal on the normal user path when you come in through the front door, no promo code, etc.)

3 Likes

Okay, so the question becomes…black or white delrin?

3 Likes

Yes.

7 Likes

NO help! :joy:

2 Likes

p’shaw. i think i was very helpful, you’re just choosing not to take my advice. laser all the things.

8 Likes

Nowhere did you indicate we were supposed to provide help, only an answer.

3 Likes

For anyone else wondering…I emailed and asked if I make an order that is over $100, but I use a gift card that brings my order to under $100, if it still qualifies…and they responded that it does! Yay for not spending the Glowforge $50 Inventables code yet! Now I’ll get to buy even more goodies in Jan!

3 Likes

Where do we find our inventables gift card code?

This is the only thing that bothers me about this deal:

Do we have to apply the gift card towards an X-Carve? They talk about what applies towards earning the gift card, but not what it applies to.

3 Likes

That’s not what the blog entry says: http://blog.inventables.com/2017/12/earn-100-inventables-gift-card-this.html

Perhaps it’s just because you’re looking at the X-Carve page and that’s one thing you can use the gift card on?

2 Likes

According the Inventables FAQ, you can use the gift card on materials. Here is the link https://inventables.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2907311?b_id=9562&utm_source=All+subscribers&utm_campaign=81430cff7a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_12_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f89ffd2bc3-81430cff7a-198105113

2 Likes

Actually, technically the FAQ only says what purchases will qualify you for a gift card, not what what you can spend the gift card on. And the blog entry I linked to only listed “materials now, materials later” for X-Carve and Carvey owners, but it’s not clear whether that was a restriction or an idea of how it could work for you. So I can see why @Jules is worried.

Yup. I read what I wanted it to say. I remain hopeful, however, as I purchased $100 worth of materials and I have had a pretty long relationship with the company. If nothing else, I have added to my inventory of things waiting to be transformed by the Glowforge.

1 Like

I’ll probably pick up some Delrin anyway for stamps and such, I guess I’m just overly distrustful sometimes. (Been burned a few too many times.) :smile:

1 Like

I placed a $100 order with them within a few hours of the original post here. I received a package from them… containing a single piece of engravable aluminum. Everything else was backordered.

So, FYI, don’t order from these guys right now if you need something urgently.

1 Like

I agree with @mhumphrey. I have an order arriving today…of about 1/4 of what I ordered, the rest is backordered. They also didn’t tell me until after it shipped. I’m glad it was an order of extras, and nothing I really needed for specific projects.

Just ordered some 2-color acrylic to take advantage of this deal. My GF is scheduled to be announced to me by Feb 23 (at the time of this writing), so even if they are backordered, I hope they’ll be back in stock by then. Thanks again for the heads-up!