iPad Holder

Very nice. The suggestion that I have is to set it up so that the wider end is on the left side and cutting some “speaker ports” in the face of the decorative panel. Right now I think the speakers on my iPad would be butting right up against the left panel. Might have to adjust some of the access points, but setting up a “tuned” speaker port may help for sound if not using headphones.

I also like the idea of a cord winder on the back if headphones are used.

Great work. I really like the rotation feature.

3 Likes

Possibly sticking out the back or side to hold them when not in use.

1 Like

Awesome awesome awesome…nuff said ?

1 Like

I actually thought about that, but I wanted the “charging port” to be right on the side so that you can easily connect a power cord if you want. That charging port is right between the two speakers on the iPad.

I did leave that side open so that the speakers should not be too affected.

Here’s a side view.

On that side, in the middle is the charging port, above and below it are the speakers.

11 Likes

Since there is the pocket to slip the pad into, how about using the inside space to amplify the audio with ports to direct the sound forward…

I will frequently prop my phone in a small box to direct the sound and boost the bass.

2 Likes

OK, I see the opening and understand the trade off of easy access to amplified sound.

2 Likes

Is the part where it connects from the stand to the holder off center for a reason? Like maybe weight distribution? My OCD is kicking in…lol
Or possibly the file didn’t download correctly into Corel Draw and got skewed.

3 Likes

Good eye!

I thought I centered it. But upon closer inspection, you are right. The left is 3.875 inches and the right is 3.625 inches from the support to the side.

I’ll have to fix that. You just have to move everything 1/8" to one side on the 2 base pieces.

My apologies to the OCDs out there.

4 Likes

I’m playing with the file now…
I centered the opening for the iPad and put holes in the back for cooling. I have an iPad4 and the charger and the headphone jack is opposite of each other so I’m adjusting that for how I use my iPad…charger on the right.
I love the key to adjust the angle!!

1 Like

Cool! I did not think about cooling. I’ll have to add some air holes as well (makes me think of Homer Simpson adding “Speed Holes” to his car with a pick axe).

In my model, the headphone jack is opposite the charger, and the charger is on the left. I put the charger on the left, because that would put the hinge side of a cover at the top, and not at the bottom.

I want to be able to put the iPad in the holder with the cover still on.

5 Likes

I just realized that I probably also have to cut a small notch at the “base” of the key (between the two prongs) in case someone wants to use a nut and bolt to hold the base to the “hinge”. Just something big enough to make room for the nut head.

1 Like

Totally makes sense…I’m so used to having my charger on the right…lol My iPad stays on my table so I might just slide it in without the cover. Maybe line the case with felt for a snug, non scratching fit

4 Likes

Felt. That’s a good idea.

2 Likes

And felt cuts like butter on the laser…lol

7 Likes

Looks great! Thanks for sharing it!

I’ve made a few modifications.

1. I centered the base.
  2. I added holes at the back for cooling (not shown in the render)
  3. I added an earbud holder at the back (something to wind a cord around and hang the buds from). It looks something like this:

Here are the new cut files (right click to save):

36 Likes

Good gifts to my niece and nephews come Xmas time. I need to check out Fusion 360, I work in Blender.

Hope we get out forges before that exact date heh.

2 Likes

No apologies needed. It’s not like they’re spelling it right anyway. :wink:

I’m going ahead and playing with this tonight but may not get a cut done until the weekend.

2 Likes

And can be had pre-glued so it’s just a cut, peel & stick.

2 Likes

Luckily I’m not THAT OCD that I have to call it CDO…lmao
Although i wish I was more when it comes to housework…lol but then again, I’ve always heard creative people are a bit messy… :wink:

8 Likes