iPad Holder

This is AWESOME!!! Thank you for the file.

2 Likes

I made this and it was great! I have tried to modify in Adobe Illustrator but I can’t seem to make it work lol. Im new. I need the face to be larger any suggestions?

This has been on my list for mine … thank you for the file for the 2019 Pro!!

1 Like

@ekla Hi, thank you for the file. I downloaded the SVG on my mac for my 2017 iPad pro, which I believe is the same dimension for the 2019. However, when I upload to the Glowforge app, i put in the dimension as 19.13 x 10.93 since that’s what illustrator shows. But for some reason, there is a piece that is hanging off the board, would I just ignore that piece and print it separately? Or should that first file print all at the same time and maybe my sizing of the file is off?

Thank you, I have attached a photo for an example.

1 Like

You might need to shift the material towards the front in the bed. It should completely cover the grid portion of the tray in front. Then everything should fit.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked @Jules! :slight_smile: I just now noticed there are two versions of the 2019 iPad Pro - the 11 inch and a 12.9 inch. So I’m thinking this file is for the 11 inch version.

Is it possible for me to size everything up in the Glowforge app without editing the file, or do the slots need to be adjusted manually? Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’ve never tried to cut one, but you would definitely need to edit the file in order to change the width…without impacting the slot size. It’s sized for 1/8" material I think, and if you try to just scale everything up, the slots will be distorted. (Read through the whole thread, someone might have already made that adjustment along the way.)

1 Like

Thank you, If you don’t see my photo of it here in a couple days, then it didn’t come out right. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thanks again!

1 Like

Nope, it’s definitely for the larger 12.9" model :slight_smile: Glad you like it and that @jules was able to help you out!

(each of the two sheets of the design fit completely in the available cut space so if anything’s hanging off shift the material. On my machine I always line up full size material to the bottom right)

2 Likes

It came out great! I did have to adjust the size for the 2017 iPad Pro’s 12.9 inch since the height is one inch bigger than the 2019 iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Thanks again for the great file! It still came out slightly larger because I was nervous that it would make it too tight of a fit.

10 Likes

That looks great in the maple!

2 Likes

Maple is a nice choice on the white desk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im glad you clarified that lol i was thinking something else and thought…wow lol

2 Likes

ME TOO! :smiley: That is always the first thing I think of when I see that. Bwahaha

2 Likes

What size should this be in the glowforge bed total? For some reason its way too small when I save the file and import it

1 Like

Thanks! This is awesome!

1 Like

All the objects in sheet 1 come in at 19.0536 in x 10.8385 in, sheet 2 at 19.1162 in x 10.9241 in.

1 Like

That seems so messed up … adjusting the size for the same 12.9 inch … surprised they don’t mention both dimensions.

Love this design. I cut it then realized my husband and i both have an ipad mini so, of course it didn’t fit and I’m not experienced enough in inkscape to make adjustments i need…so I’m thinking i may have to buy a new ipad:-)

3 Likes

Does anyone know if this might fit the current iPad Pro 11 inch?

3 Likes