Is the blast gate open?

I have mine directly on my machine mostly because the window is almost inaccessible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mineā€™s just before the window vent. Since the vent has a flap, itā€™s technically dual-gated, but I just didnā€™t trust the little flappy thing on the vent to keep air out.

1 Like

Can I ask the official name of the blast gate for ordering purposes? I need one.

ā€œBlast gateā€ is a generally recognized name. There are many available. This happens to be the one I have, but there are others that are just as good. Just be sure to get the diameter you need. 4" and 6" are the most common, but there are others. I have a 6", because I have a 6" in line fan. If you are using the built in GF exhaust fan and the hose GF provided, you would use a 4" blast gate.

3 Likes

Do you mind sharing the design? I am using a sticky note right now.

Right click the illustration under the text in the original post and save image as svg to your computer.

2 Likes

What a nice inventive way to remind yourself!

1 Like

Thatā€™s just gorgeous! Now Iā€™ve got to make one.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my way of telling myself to open the blast gate. I just reduced Daveā€™s original plan to make a miniature blast gate to cover the start button.

Start Button Reminder

15 Likes

Thatā€™s adorable!!

1 Like

Blast Doors

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing myself, lol.

vent button

7 Likes

Hello all! New to GF, but not so new to cutting stuff; I have a CNC plasma table. SVG files are kinda new to me, as well, and I would love to cut Linefeedā€™s version. How do I get the SVG file, please? Still looking. If it is available. Thanks!

Welcome to the community. It doesnā€™t appear that he offered his file free to others here. If he sees your post, he may comment on that. As a rule, we arenā€™t allowed to ask for files. If someone chooses to offer theirs, it would be in this category or for sale in an online store that is linked in their profile.

2 Likes

OK, got ya, I fully understand. Thank you for clarifying that!

EDIT Now I remember why I thought it was shared. It is in the ā€œFree laser Designsā€ section. A lot of the plasma pages are the same, tho. Asking for files is frowned on; offered is different. Anyway, thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went back and looked, but I think I made something else right after I cut that out - without actually saving it. Unfortunately itā€™s not in my saved designs, or Iā€™d be happy to share itā€¦

No worries! Thanks for the reply, tho. I drew one up, but the spacing was all wrong. I will do something else. Thanks again!

This might help :slight_smile:

or

1 Like

Well, bless your heart! I am pretty sure that I could have gotten that (after burning up all my material, JUST KIDDINGā€¦:slight_smile:

Anyway, thank you sooo much. Very kind of you. I will add my own twist on it, for sure! Thanks again!! Bill

1 Like