Is there any proofgrade cardboard sticker?

Hi
I was looking for a proofgrade sticker for cardboard 5/32 and 1/8. Is such thing avalible to design or for download?

Thanks!

Just create custom settings and select them when you use it.

6 Likes

Proofgrade settings are available for cardboard. Simply select them from the drop down menu. I don’t know what you mean by a proofgrade sticker.

6 Likes

a proofgrade sticker is the sticker that comes on acrylic, wood, ect

It is just as fast to select the item from the drop down list.

2 Likes

was wondering so i could theoretically avoid a fire, but thanks!

Often the stickers on the proofgrade don’t even work for me. I always just choose the setting from the drop down manually.

2 Likes

Is there any way then, to download existing qr codes, like the one for medium clear acrylic, without having to scan them?

Not really. Just select from the materials list and the settings autopopulate. It is easier than the stickers, and the stickers are often not read or are gone once part of the board is used.

3 Likes

The long answer is, no… :slight_smile:

If you scan a QR Graphic with your phone you’ll see it says, no usable data found. That’s because it’s not a link. It’s just a digital representation of a 5 (I believe) digit code that is alphanumeric if I recall. I read about this shortly after buying the GF in some other posts here. That code is internal to GF and I could not find any kind of listing of the codes for other materials supported in the drop down dashboard menu. But those, like cardboard, which do not have Proofgrade materials, and thus, no QR Graphic made by GF, there probably isn’t a code for them, as there doesn’t need to be one, since GF doesn’t sell that material. If that makes sense.

Here’s a list of the Proofgrade materials, each (presumably) have a QR Graphic, and thus, a 5 digit code.

But again, that code is internal to GF, and I don’t think they are interested in sharing those. Although, there wouldn’t be any downside to it, since you can just buy a sheet of PG in whatever, decipher the (alphanumeric) code from the QR Graphic, and recreate it with a QR maker. But you could also just scan it and copy it onto labels, which is what I do when I buy larger sheets and cut them down. Or for pencils, I use the Medium Basswood setting and just have a magnet label I throw in. For cardboard, I make labels to put on precut sheets for my daughter, so she knows what setting to use on the dropdown menu. The DYMO Labelwriter is awesome for this…

HL

5 Likes

i’m not sure i get the advantage of making a new label as opposed to just pulling the right name in the dropdown.

5 Likes

Mostly I use the recreated labels for Non-PG materials that work fine on PG settings. Then I don’t have to remember that I use Basswood for pencils, I just keep the magnet in with the supply of them, and throw it in when engraving to save the time of selecting a custom setting and specifying the material thickness. Likewise, it reduces the number of custom settings I have to scroll through.

Works especially well with Leather, since PG is rarely available locally. But another brand at Michaels is always there, so I have a magnet for that as well, to save a couple steps. I also stick them to the (precut aftermarket leather) sheets that I stock on my daughters supply shelf, so it’s easier for her to use the GF and I don’t have to transfer my ‘custom’ settings to her login dashboard, as custom settings are not shared between your three available logins.

HL

2 Likes

so how do you recreate the labels?

i didnt really get it

I just take a picture on my phone and print it on label paper. It’s nothing special, and doesn’t even have to be the same size. FYI, there’s probably something in the GF instructions or rules that say you shouldn’t do that. FWIW…

HL

1 Like

Far less time involved just by using the dropdown menu…but each to their own. :wink:

4 Likes

yeah… I cut every day on the same non pg material and i have had accidents not using the right settings, so i am trying to prevent that

As stated, to each their own. I put Proofgrade material in “upside down” because you can’t engrave thru those stupid stickers.

6 Likes

I just reread your message and I guess I understand what you’re doing, but my suggestion would still be to use the drop down settings (or save your own) and get in the habit of double checking before cutting. It seems that you’ll need to double check whether or not you have a QR code, since you have to manually place the QR code yourself. And, of course, there is no guarantee that your materials will work well with the built in settings anyway.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.