Is this black image normal?

I swear I don’t remember seeing this when I first got this GF. But I keep seeing this large black eclipse like shape at the bottom of my camera. I dont know why it would show this

The camera produces a severe “fish-eye” image that is corrected by the software. If your camera is slightly offset, it will mask out that part of the image. Nothing to be concerned about. You wouldn’t notice it if there’s no material down there, and it likely changes size depending on current material height.

1 Like

That would probably be the rubber in the passthrough, or possibly the Crumb Tray as seen by a fish eye lens.

interesting

Yes, normal for me.

I’m sorry for the concern. The information that our other community members have shared in this thread so far is correct. Your Glowforge uses a wide-angle camera to take a picture of the material in your Glowforge. The software then uses the height of the material to correct the image so the image you see matches what’s in the bed. The black semi-circle you see is normal and won’t affect your prints, and may appear as a result of this correction to the wide-angle picture depending on the original focus of the lid camera.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble, or have any other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!