Is using a GlowForge for my kid's school project unfair?

qa

My kid’s are 3 and 1 right now, but it was just something I was thinking about.

• Mobiles
  • Solar Systems
  • Volcanos
  • Log Cabins
  • Wind Machines

You know. All the stuff we made as kids in school.

Nah, technology evolves, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t embrace and use it to its fullest extent.

If the kid makes it why not. If you make it then no :stuck_out_tongue:

Worse case you get told to not do it again after the first time and you still have a kickass volcano

So long as they do all the work seems like it should be fine.

If you can use an inkjet printer, a stove, or any other appliance, I don’t see why not!

It’s unfair that your kid has a parent awesome enough to buy a GF? Nah! I would have loved a GF when I was a kid, it probably would have made me want to do better in school!

Awesome - i can’t wait to see what this community and their kid’s make for school projects!

When I was a kid…

Kindergarten CAD jockeys. Start them out on Robot Turtles and by school they’ll be able to master Autocad.

When my son was younger, my brother had a large format printer (think poster size) and we called it the “A” maker! Any project created on it garnered an A. I think the GF will be the “A+” maker! Enjoy the accolades and be ready to have your family and friends stopping by to use it…

no not if the kid uses it… hell you get a good tool and you have access to it that is fine… not your fault the other kids not get get a glow forge… now if you design it and you use it and claim your kid did it then there is problem

My son is 11 and knows how to make files for use in my lasers…no reason not to let him use that resource…