Issue after Cleaned air assist fan

UPDATE!!! I figured it out, i had the belt in wrong.

I finally cleaned my air assist fan and now it wont center and stuck on homing. I’m still seeing an image that was up before i cleaned it. The camera isn’t working and I can’t refresh it. I tried everything. The head won’t center ugh
Was there something i could’ve done wrong when putting it back together?

1 Like

Yes. You might have damaged the connector to the head or did not plug the cable in correctly.

Re-check the cable and make sure it is inserted correctly and completely. Check that none of the pins were damaged when you were “cleaning” it.

How long have you had your machine? What made you feel the air assist fan needed to be cleaned?

2 Likes

I reconnected a few times to just make sure.
I’ve had my machine since around November. I got an error message saying the fan wasnt running a proper speed.

1 Like

A small number of hardware issues can cause the machine to fail to run through the startup routine. If you only touched the head to clean the air assist fan, that’s likely where the problem lies.

You should open a support ticket, they can inspect the logs to possibly determine the cause of the failure.

2 Likes

Thank you, i did open one yesterday but still haven’t heard anything

it can often take a while to get back to you. you will want them to have as much information (and photos) and detail before they do. Use a re[ly to email they sent you to keep all their info on one place.

1 Like

I sent them pics and all details. I was hoping i would know sooner than later, sadly i was in the middle of a big order that needs done this week😔

1 Like

Some of Joann’s Fabric stores have a glowforge you can rent time on.

I looked into that yesterday lol there isn’t one even close.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone ever seen one of these in the wild they could use/rent? I’ve seen displays of PG materials, pictures & stories of a GF on display but with no one in the store able to even turn it on, but don’t recall seeing anyone report on successfully using one at a Joann’s.

I’ve only ever heard about it. I’ve also heard some libraries have them to use

1 Like

Two different local Joann stores had them, and nobody at either store had the first clue how to use or how to charge for them. They told me to just bring my laptop and plug in to them. :roll_eyes: I called back some time later and they still didn’t know.

This was some time ago, hopefully that improved at some point.

Their selection of materials was very poor at that time, “picked over” so only damaged/warped and oddball pieces were left.

1 Like

Oh my, you would think someone would’ve known something geesh

I kind of came away feeling like nobody wanted the responsibility. Something else “corporate” had dumped on them with no training or reward.

1 Like

That happens quite often. They probably could make some money if all stores offered it. Training i don’t think would be complicated

Then they could offer classes themselves to customers.

2 Likes

Yesss great idea!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.