Issues with cut surface

Hey guys I am having an issue with there being a white border around my design screen. It will not let me drag my artwork to the edge of my piece is cuts about an inch off both sides and the bottom. I have recalibrated my machine and done everything i could think of with refocusing etc. Im using proof grade materials. How to I expand my cut surface beyond the “area of work” My laser has no issues going to the corner its the software stopping me from doing so. I have watched other videos n stuff and everyone else can go to the edge of the materials. Thank you for your help in adavnce.

It sounds like you’re describing exactly how it’s supposed to work, though bottom rigth shouldn’t have a cut off - top left should. Possibly this will help?

If that’s not it, can you post screenshots of what you’re seeing?

1 Like

There’s always a little around all sides you can’t cut - also if there’s an engraving step in your project that will often make the edges less available (shrink the available space) depending on your settings and artwork.

1 Like

Here is an explanation that was posted in the past from a member of the staff:

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can make space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces.

4 Likes