Issues with double vision printing (SOLVED)

CUSTOMER SERVICE PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST.

I noticed that my GF was engraving with double vision. I had tried almost everything, from tightening the pulley wheel to checking the belt, and even cleaning every lens possible. I still engraved these double visioned engravings and I was beginning to get frustrated.

The engravings would be fine at first then half way through the image would slip and look all wonky. I then though about investigating the pulley wheel with the teeth to see if maybe it was cracked. While inspection I found no cracks or anything that would cause the belt to slip. THEN I LOOKED CLOSER AND NOTICED THE PROBLEM!!! A few of the spaces between the teeth on the wheel had been caked with the most minute amount of debris. I grabbed my tweezers and began scraping out the spaces between the teeth. Once it was fully cleaned I put everything back together and tried a second engraving. LOW AND BEHOLD it engraves without the double vision. Problem solved. If anyone ever runs into this issue, first check the belt tension, then check the teeth on the pulley wheel. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Excellent sleuthing. Good of you to pass on your findings.

3 Likes

A toothbrush or stiff plastic bristle brush might be a good tool to keep on hand for that cleaning.

3 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

2 Likes