Issues with glowforge stopping mid job

The glowforge stops mid job but the computer keeps going as if there are no issues. Glowforge stops printing/cutting and does not complete the job. I have super cleaned the entire machine with no avail thinking fans were dirty,etc…
Please help

When you say it stops do you mean the print head stops and returns home? Or does the head keep moving but the laser is not firing? If it’s the second one then I would make sure you don’t have a section of the design on top of its self.

Also, if you provide a time when this happened I am sure it will be helpful with the logs. You can also pull your own WiFi logs and send that to support if you want to be proactive.

The.print head stops right were its at, not firing, not moving. The fans are running, the timer on the computer keeps going. The computer doesn’t register on error. The app continues the countdown until its complete and the fans power down as usual. The print head never moves from the spot it stopped. It never returns home.
I have a second machine so with the holiday rush i just gave up working on that one. Some times it would operate without issue, but it became more frequent that it would do this. I originally thought it was a particular file as i flipped the board and the image and was able to complete the engrave. However it beagn to happen with many other files.

Hi @chewdeo. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with your Glowforge failing to complete prints. If your printer head is moving but you aren’t seeing the laser marking your material, we’ll need to do some troubleshooting to determine why this is happening.

First, let’s check to make sure the mirror in the printer head is installed correctly and not in the path of the laser beam.

1. Follow steps 1-5 under the heading Wiping the Mirror in the Printer Head.

2. If you see damage to the mirror or the plastic handle (for example, if the plastic handle has been melted), please check the interior of the printer head for any additional damage. If you notice anything out of place, please take a photo and include it in your reply, so I can help with ordering replacement parts.

3. If the mirror and printer head look good, reinstall the mirror and move to the next steps.

Next, please run a test print. To help me determine the specific source of trouble, I’ll have some questions for you about what the printer is doing while printing.

1. Place a sheet of Proofgrade material in the bed of your Glowforge and open the Gift of Good Measure design.

2. Before you start the print, please select the default Proofgrade settings for the material you are using. Once you’ve selected the material, you will see the word, “Cut”, “Score”, or “Engrave” under each step in the design.

3. Once you are ready, push the button and start the print. While the print is running, please note your answers the following questions:

• Is the laser marking the material as expected?
  • Is the printer head moving during the print?
  • Do you see a light in the laser tube during the print?
  • Do you hear any unusual noises from the left side of the printer?

4. As the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the lid image updates on screen in the App.

5. If the laser appeared and the print was successful, the likely issue was the setting on the previous print was set too low for the laser to appear. If so, please check your settings and try another print. If the laser did not appear, please move to the next step.

6. Take a close look at the laser tube. If you see any of the issues on this list, please reply and include a photo.

• Do you see any damage to the inner glass tubes, such as a crack or loose pieces of glass?

• Do you see anything in the laser tube that looks foamy or bubbly? (When normal, the coolant is clear.)

• Do you notice any liquid in or around the printer?

Let’s run through those steps and checks, and I can review any results to help decide any next best steps. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please email our team at support@glowforge.com.