It Broke

After about 9 months of literally no issues (cutting, alignment, camera all great) I have a doozy of a problem. Busted belt. This happened just a few minutes into an acrylic engrave/cut at about 3:15 Central time. It was an hour long run. Material is centered well and is just 1/8" acrylic. I do know that the top row was not going to cut, but that shouldn’t have had an affect on the belt problem. It continued to run, as I didn’t notice the break. The project was the first part of acrylic and walnut trophies for a charity golf outing at the end of the month. Guess they’ll need to find something else, or agree to accept them for delivery later.

Shot of the bed right after I opened the lid and of the screen after the job was “finished”.

Consider this the opening of a Support Ticket. Please let me know how to proceed.
Can this be fixed without sending it back?

8 Likes

2 Likes

What a bummer!

2 Likes

Ouch. That sucks. How many do you have to run? You can run them here.

3 Likes

Thanks, but a friend of mine runs this Jaycees tournament. I’ve already told him that they would be delayed and he’s OK with that. Most of the winners are members anyway, so he can just distribute them later at a meeting. He’s got a sample of last year’s trophy to show off, so that will work out OK.

7 Likes

Omigosh, Bill…so sorry for that. I’m betting they’ll let you replace the belt yourself. Hope I’m proven right.

2 Likes

Oh crap, just noticed my Regular status broke too. Very bad day!

11 Likes

You’ll be back very soon!

1 Like

threw in a few likes to help w/regular status.

2 Likes

Thanks. I read everything and like a lot of things. Need to reply or start posts more often. But now I’ll have no projects to post for awhile. Maybe I’ll go into summer reruns of some of my early projects.

10 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened.

Like @Xabbess suggested, we can send you a new one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.

6 Likes