It happened!

LOL Wow. I was quickly reading through the thread and missed the word “about”. It completely changes the first sentence. I got confused the further I read until I re-read the first sentence.

2 Likes

Gasp
Let others touch my GlowForge??!!??
Shudder

I’d consider letting others look at it, I suppose, but I’ll need to get some velvet ropes and trained guard dogs first…

4 Likes

Would a large supply of Clorox wipes help? :smirk:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036B89QC

4 Likes

Is that a Canon Pixma Pro 100?? I was thinking the GF was about the same size… Wow, the GF is huge!

YES! good eye. It’s turned sideways so the glowforge is about the same width as the length of the printer… the printer is a little wider

1 Like

Jeez, I was hoping that the GF could fit on the table that my printer sits on. I may need to rethink some stuff…

1 Like

Awesome! And what a great time to get one what with the new software. No re-learning for you (yet)!

No… kidding…

+1

Yeah… My son’s a little sad he can’t reach the switch. A “sleep mode” never occurred to me. That’d be nice.

+1

Yeah… I haven’t done that myself.
Maybe I’ll put a switch on that outlet.

Another good idea that evaded me for some reason! DUH!

2 Likes

Two things… first, oops. @Rita will make sure we update the manual.
Second, two pieces of duct tape folded over the little handles make these much easier to manage. Also, good for Dune cosplay.

24 Likes

We’re still chasing down some cosmetic issues (as noted in the ‘do you want your Glowforge yet’ page) - please do report these to support so we can improve our process.

3 Likes

Such a good idea! We will have to do that. I will report the cosmetic issues - Didn’t want to spam support

@dan controls the spice!

8 Likes

For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!

(Like we need another @dan nickname.)

6 Likes

Looks like some 3D printed rubber slip on covers are in order. Any chance of the dimensions?

2 Likes

Looks like a pretty common spring clamp.

http://www.deflecto.com/products/pc/catalog/techsheets/airdistribution/MSC4100tps.pdf

2 Likes

Thanks. So 1/8" diameter and about 7/8" long. measured off the screen with my new plastic calipers.

4 Likes

I’m sure these spring clamps were sent instead of screw clamps because people go nuts on torquing the screw clamps. You can easily pull hundreds if not thousands of pounds of clamping pressure, it’s just not needed and can damage materials (and thus becomes a liability to GF if they supply the part).

I picked up screw clamps when I got the other vent hardware to prep for arrival.

3 Likes

I can understand how the spring clamps will prevent some accidental damage with the screw clamps but boy to the suck to put on especially because I couldn’t stand behind my Glowforge. I had to basically lay on top of the GF to get everything together.

An unapproved installation procedure?

3 Likes

I had that kind of clamp on the hose. I’m a bit fat handed, so it took a couple tries, but basically just gotta squeeze it to fit it on.

1 Like

I didn’t see anywhere in the manual to NOT lay on it :wink:

9 Likes