it mess up when you try and engrave or cut just on the right side facing it the left side does fine
There is a little window that the laser energy leaves from to the head, If it has the tiniest amount of dirt on it it will lose more focus the further away the head is from that point making a bigger problem on the left than the right side. A careful cleaning of that window might solve your problem.
Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. Could you send us a photo of the front and back of the print in question?
There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:
- The crumb tray is clean and properly installed
- The material is perfectly flat on the crumb tray
- All optical components are clean and undamaged
- Design is set to “Cut”
Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.
Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.
When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.
Check the completed print:
- If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
- If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.
Hi @torimcginnis - I see we’ve since been in contact via email, so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic and we can keep that email conversation going. Thanks!