It's coming

Gratz to all new owners…jeally…hope to smile soon.

3 Likes

Welcome to God’s Country. Well, a bit Northwest of Brookfield is officially God’s Country. If you need a break from moving, try Summerfest. You’ll get here just in time. It’s on the lakefront only minutes from Brookfield. The World’s Largest Music Fest. Pick a day and enjoy music and the lakefront.

The MainStage acts listed on the home page are just the beginning. Be sure to look at the daily line-up. http://summerfest.com

Of course, if you get your Glowforge by then you’ll be holed up in your workspace and won’t want to venture out to explore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes!

Going back to read everything again, since I was too excited to take in any details last night.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Definitely agree with Bill on Summerfest. I’d say tailgating & gameday at Lambeau, weekends in Door County, checking out the EAA (I’m from Oshkosh), enjoy trying all the New Glarus beers, find some fresh cheese curds…man I miss home!

Oh and if you’ll have a house, buy a snowblower before you think you’ll need it - because if you wait until you need it, it’s already too late. Haha!

3 Likes

I sure hope you will be able to see it. I did the same thing that I believe you did, just skim the material with the idea of coming back to it. Once I went off the page I could not get it back. Please let me know if you are able to go back to the page that lists everything that was finished, what wasn’t finished, ant the bonus extras that were added.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats to you too!

2 Likes

i am wondering that to…i ordered the very last day in the first round…so i probably have a bit of a wait…

1 Like

Bit late to the party, but congratulations to both of you! :smile:

2 Likes

I love spotted cow. I know I am going to stock up on that one once I am there!

4 Likes

You’ll have no problem finding it. Every grocery store and about every tavern around has it. but only in Wisconsin. I saw an article awhile back that said a tavern just over the border in Minnesota got a big fine for taking it out of Wisconsin for re-sale.

2 Likes

I’m so glad that Sprecher’s does mail order! I was just at their restaurant a few weeks ago and didn’t feel the need to try to take some home on the plane. If you order enough, it actually works out to be cheaper than getting pints in the restaurant, including shipping!

2 Likes

If someone is wondering how a brewery could fine a bar for selling beer that would be the State of Minnesota fining the bar for selling alcohol not purchased through a Minnesota distributor.

2 Likes

Yes, I should have been clearer. Minnesota fined them, not New Glarus brewery. The brewery has decided not to distribute outside of Wisconsin. Kind of a good marketing decision, as it stokes the desire more when it is hard to come by. Anyone remember the 70s or 80s when a trip to Colorado was not complete without a trunk full of the original Coors to take home?

5 Likes

Curious to the purchase dates of peoples machines that are getting these E-mails. I have an Oct 1st 2015 purchase date - which I think is fairly early, but I really have no no idea, and I haven’t received an E-mail yet.

It will probably be a while before you see an email. @dan indicated there were many first day orders, we’re guessing at least several hundred, and things only went up from there, so they would need to get through all of the September shipments first.

You can probably expect to see the email before the end of July though, since you ordered before October 25th, and that hasn’t changed.

1 Like

I make a Spotted Cow clone that I hop up with Citra. It’s quite good. Usually have it on tap…

1 Like

I saw a few home brew stores while driving around a few weeks ago - I take it you got your own setup? Its something that I considered getting into, but never really put the time or effort into it (I figured I would be better off drinking it and enjoying it than trying to make it), but that might change.

That clone sounds delicious :slight_smile:

Like many hobbies, it’s addicting. You can do it relatively cheaply but of course most people tend to keep investing in equipment. I’m currently brewing on another device know in it’s forums as the GF and also called GFUG. GrainFather, it’s a wonderful piece of equipment. I also have built a Kegerator with 3 taps and have a larger freezer waiting for me to complete a new system that will have 5. Not that I need that many.
the shiny thing on the far right is the GF it does as big as 6 gallon batches.

7 Likes