Its just saying focusing

please help I’ve had my glowforge for 5 months with no problems today I was cutting and the cuts didn’t come out clean so I cleaned my mirrors and now it won’t cut at all and it’s just focusing I’ve cleaned them a million times since getting the machine and I’ve never had a problem I have gone threw all of the troubleshooting steps and still nothing please help

Sadly you’re going to need to be specific so we know what to suggest!
First things first though, verify that both ends of the white cable that go to the printer head are properly seated with no bent pins.

The cable is in the printer head

1. I cleaned the lens
  2. When to cut there was no laser
  3. I stopped the print opened it cleaned them again and made sure all of the lens were put back in correctly
  4. Went to start it again and it just sat there focusing and wouldn’t do anything
  5. I turned the machine off and rebooted the web page still nothing
  6. I read I could move it under the camera and start it up again and that might help , still nothing
  7. I was going to try the camera calibration that moved the printer head but then stopped and said “no print”
  8. I about wanted to cry I really need this to work I’ve search every glowforge FB group and tried everything that was suggested still nothing

Have you removed the cable from the head and verified that no pins are bent, and then put it back in?

1. When you say “lens” do you mean just the one on the laser head, or the 5 places that need regular wiping? If it’s only the 1 then go to support.glowforge.com and follow the “what needs wiping” section.

2. If you mean it said it was cutting, and you had the power set to more than 1, and no laser came out that’s a bigger issue than focusing.

3. You’re going to want to go through the WiFi troubleshooting steps here. Try them all, in order.

Likely a staff member will be along early tomorrow and they may have further questions, but if you answer those here then they will know what you’ve tried.

Have you removed the cable from the head and verified that no pins are bent, and then put it back in?

Yes I did make sure bob was bent I never took it out to start with I only took it out when I was told to go threw the trouble shooting steps

1. When you say “lens” do you mean just the one on the laser head, or the 5 places that need regular wiping? If it’s only the 1 then go to support.glowforge.com and follow the “what needs wiping” section.

Just the one on the bottom of the printer head that I sent a picture of

1. If you mean it said it was cutting, and you had the power set to more than 1, and no laser came out that’s a bigger issue than focusing.

Yes I had the speed set to 115 and full power but it could have been a bad svg I had that happen one other time and the svg was not set up correctly but still not sure if it was the svg or the machine because I have not gotten it to cut since

1. You’re going to want to go through the WiFi troubleshooting steps here. Try them all, in order.

I have went threw the WiFi steps and still no change

Ok, well do the rest of the cleaning and see if that fixes it. If not, a staff member will be along tomorrow.

Ok I got it all cleaned just waiting for further instructions

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.