Jamming with the glowforge

I haven’t been on the forum because of being busy lately. But I thought I would share my latest creation. I wanted to make a enclosure. After a long time of making and adjusting my file on inkscape. I came up with this bluetooth stereo version 1.0. I still have some changes I want to make on the next version.

79 Likes

Cool! ( Very retro!) :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Beautiful, functional work.

2 Likes

Diggin’ on the brass hardware and embedded fasteners. :sunglasses: Nice work!

4 Likes

I can tell you put a lot of thought into the design. Make sure to share your next iteration!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I have plans to do a couple of tiny MP3 players made of wood, but this is something very beautifully designed and executed.

2 Likes

That’s one of the best designs I’ve seen on this forum, and that’s saying a lot!

3 Likes

A most excellent use of the living hinge idea and really gorgeous wood.

2 Likes

When I get time I will try to get a svg blank version of this enclosure put on the forum so you can put any thing you want mounted in the front , back, top or bottom. This project was good practice on sizing and putting in dimensions on inkscape. My next project is going to be tool box with internal finger joints. Hopefully I will have it done this weekend. Dog gone work keeps me from having fun with my glowforge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So this was designed in Inkscape? Not F360??? Nice job!!!

2 Likes

Love it. Did you use the score function for the nut holds and threads (anyone know a better way to describe them)?

2 Likes

I like the screw and nut solution for the bottom.

1 Like

All is cut and engrave.

1 Like

Yes node by node .:slight_smile:

1 Like

It is cut from 3 mm baltic birch sheets on ebay. I hand stained it then in a day or so sprayed a clear coat on. I thought I might try some of the paint that looks like stone on this wood for a project next time.

1 Like

Thank you:):smiley:

Fantastic!

2 Likes

Here is the one I made. I really liked getting to see your design.

21 Likes

Oh that one is really awesome too! (You guys are inspiring me - i actually picked up a speaker kit on Saturday…need to just decide what to do with it.) :grinning::+1:

3 Likes