JDS laserable 2 tone plastics setting

Does anyone have any good settings they use for the JDS 1/16" laserable plastic in black/white?

3 Likes

Moved to Beyond the Manual, the only place we are allowed to post settings. Made on a Glowforge is for showing off finished projects.

I have used the Rowmark 2-tone and, have my settings for that. Not sure it’s the same stuff.

Cut: 140/full
Score: 500/20
Engrave: 1000/20/270LPI

Machines and batches of materials can vary a fair amount. So, doing your own materials tests is a good idea:

9 Likes

I have noticed that the top color of two-tone acrylic tends to deposit the top color dust in the engrave. I blow it out with a stream of alcohol from a squirt bottle.

8 Likes

i just did some black over florescent 2 tone today and i used some LA’s Totally Awesome cleaner and a toothbrush and it cleaned the black out really well (as well as any surface residue). this was matt, not sure if it may do anything to a glossy surface, but it cleaned nicely.

9 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

It is acrylic and you can get crazing even on 2 tone.

Better is to use dish soap before cutting and it just rinses nicely after. A great trick from the forum.

6 Likes

Yeah I always mask the 2-tone stuff as the condensation often causes discoloration. And cleanup with dish soap and water. Tbh I just use the proofgrade acrylic settings for the color I am removing

9 Likes