Jewelry Junkie

Hi all!

First time posting (yay!) and figured I would share some things I have been tinkering with on the Glowforge. I run the Makerspace at a middle school in Philly, and with our air filter finally here, I’ve been having fun getting familiar with it and coming up with projects to try with the kids. I’ve been staying after the kids leave to tinker with it myself. I love making jewelry, so here are a few I’ve been working on.

Earrings I designed a while back and cut in orange acrylic for my work-wife.

Jellyfish in iridescent acrylic

Ghosties in acrylic - need to get a pic with the necklace chain I made for it at some point)

Iridescent Pegasi (I do love the iridescent acrylic!)

Cephalopods!

Creepy Kitties - inspired by something I bookmarked on Pinterest a while back.

Jawn Jawn, because Philly.
jawnjawn

And finally, Alien Abduction, inspired by a post from @lizz that I loved!

Love seeing what others are creating, and learning from all of the resources here.

~Meri

52 Likes

Love your stuff! Especially the iridescent acrylic pieces.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Love your projects, but love even more that your school has a maker space for middle school students.

1 Like

Thanks! We are extremely lucky to have not only the Makerspace, but also a pre-engineering lab. :star_struck:

1 Like

I was going to say the ghosts were my favorite - and then just all the iridescent ones - but those skull cats are amazeballs

1 Like

The iridescent pieces are really nice! Will have to get some.

Love that kids are getting access to all this fun.

Love the Alien Abduction, that’s great, lol.

I really like how clean and simple your designs are. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

very pretty! I’m brand new and was wondering where to find the iridescent acrylic?

Canal Plastics has the best pricing I’ve found, but they’re not shipping currently - but you can find it everywhere from Inventables to Amazon and Etsy

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking time to answer😃.

1 Like

Do you mind if you can tell me the cut settings for the iridescent sheet? I’m having trouble with that…

Settings for non-Proofgrade can’t be discussed in this forum, only in Beyond the Manual.

oh sorry thank you… i’m new to this :slight_smile: