Jobs shifting in and out of same submission

I tried to do a front/back on some proofgrade maple ply. I took the utmost care to make sure nothing was moved between jobs. There was a horizontal shift front and back without the material or job being moved.

Well, I was trying to cut a puzzle on chipboard. To minimize charring, I chose to lower power and make it multiple passes. It isn’t proofgrade, but I made sure it was perfectly flat, anchored in place, and measured to the nearest thousandths of an inch. A job told to run 2 passes of the same cuts cut the second pass offset from the first.

2 Likes

That is no bueno, man.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like something support needs to see, unfortunately.

1 Like

I was thinking exactly that. Hopefully there is actually a simple explanation.

1 Like

Have you checked the belts for debris, etc.? Seems like something physically getting in the way, which, fingers crossed, could be resolved without replacing the machine.

I haven’t done any extra searching or examining, yet. It struck me as a report first kind of issue. It’s been 10.5 hours since the last cleaning, though I did use a wipe on windows just before these jobs because of a speck of debris spotted on the window in the head.

Just 3 of the several more magnets holding this part immobile. Proofgrade Maple Ply

The shift:

In this, it seems both horizontal and vertical shift. It does seem that higher speed action makes it worse. Lower speed jobs don’t seem to suffer on this, or at least not much.

The file:

jigsaw

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry your prints aren’t coming out quite right.

I’m looking into what’s happening.

Thanks for your patience. I’ve come up with a couple of things - would you give them a try?

1. For the pendant print with the dragon engrave, it looks like your printer head moved before the second print. Is it possible that you moved the head while flipping the pendant? Would you be willing try the same print again, being careful not to move the head when you flip it over?
  2. Would you try sending the puzzle print multiple times instead of using multiple passes? Print it once, then, without moving anything on screen or in the bed, print it again. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and I’ll keep looking into the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

Certain that I didn’t move the head on the pendant, but willing to try that again. Also no problem trying multiple runs of the puzzle print. It may take a day or two to get it all since it’s late for a work night.

So, I did 5 single-pass, high-speed runs on this. Every single pass had the same exact shift, which would have become much worse on a multi-pass run. Running it as single-pass, it started at exactly the same spot and suffered an identical shift on each one. (These passes were at max cutting speed.)

IMG_5049

Slowed down to half speed (though these were cut at 2/5), the shift vanishes completely.

IMG_5055

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to run these tests, and for providing the photos. I’ve passed this information on to the team and we’ll continue to look into what’s happening.

Were you able to test out the pendant print as well?

I was. The second try came through just fine. You mentioned a head shift between the front and back on the original. I know I didn’t move it myself, but that would account for the error on that one.

That’s good to hear, and thanks so much for taking the time to test things out and provide some feedback. Since you’re good to go for now, I’m going to close this thread. However, if you run into any other trouble, please open a new thread or write in at support@glowforge.com.

Thanks again!