Junk Drawer: From nightmare to zen with flair!

Since moving into a new house, my junk drawer has needed some attention. I created 2 custom drawer organizers to hold my various things, and got rid of everything else! Most things got a custom-sized compartment, while others sit in generic spot. Designed using make-a-box and Illustrator using :proofgrade: draftboard. Now to tackle the battery drawer…

100 Likes

Nice. Nice. Very nice.

7 Likes

Remember you need 15 pieces of flair minimum!

14 Likes

Love it! Although you do lose a bit of the excitement now that the scissors don’t get twisted and caught preventing the drawer from opening!

15 Likes

That makes my inner organizer very happy!

11 Likes

Did you use make-a-box to set up your partitions too, or did you do that in Illustrator? Just wondering if I am missing a setting option.

10 Likes

I did that manually in illustrator.

8 Likes

That looks amazing! I’d have to label each compartment just so I would remember what went in there, otherwise mine wouldn’t look any different than the unorganized drawer! Well done!

9 Likes

That’s about how i would feel, except i think i would be more caught up in trying to decide where i wanted each item to be in the drawer, so id probably never even finish the file :rofl:

13 Likes

So pretty and now clean looking

5 Likes

Very inspiring! Great job.

5 Likes

Nice solution. :sunglasses:
I decided to organize the loose misc. hardware that had been collected across the years after a 3 level compartmentalized swivel organizer went on sale at Harbor Freight. “Finally get it out of the bucket and organize it all”.
My reasoning didn’t go any further than “Wow, that’s cheap, and would fit perfectly in the bench corner!”
"Machine screw, washer, wood screw, nut… repeat. Yeah. Didn’t think that all the way through, probably took me 2 days to filter it all, but like your solution, worth the effort.

6 Likes

I very much like the design, but find organization like that too restrictive.

I’m the “rummage around in the big drawer of stuff” kind of guy. :rofl:

5 Likes

Can you come do this for my home? :smiley: I will be the same as @CMadok - I will get stuck trying to decide what to put where. That’s why I have yet to make any drawer organizers LOL I have been intending to for probably 2 years. lol

6 Likes

There’s always a price, but in this case, probably not cost effective. It took waay longer than I planned. I just provide the inspiration.

13 Likes

I need this for my entire house! but the passthrough won’t allow 1/2" plywood :cry: It would probably need wider than 20" as well.

Anyway, I need to deconstruct the pile of junk around the WiFi before the Glowforge will work again. I really hope Spectrum has not decided that the 2.4 mhz option is no longer a necessary thing :sob:

1 Like

Hell drawer to heaven drawer! I need to do this as well!

1 Like

Extremely unlikely.

I have 19 devices on my home network. Only 3 - my laptop, my phone, and my FireTV use 5GHz. Nothing else is capable.

Yep, here we are stuck in the transition between standards. Evolution is a thing, driven by the arrow of time. I reflect on the speed of media storage standards, I’ve witnessed the change all the way from reel-to-reel to streaming. I lived in a time computer numeric control of a tool was science fiction.
What’s next…? AI, that’s what.

4 Likes

If I had that in my junk drawer, it would start off organized but quickly just end up with me throwing stuff in it. I suck at staying organized. Chaos fits me.

6 Likes