Junk Drawer: From nightmare to zen with flair!

I’m just thrilled that I made a bunch of the little stacking boxes to put all of my earring supplies into. I put them on the “stackable mini crate shelf” from the catalog. That was my organization for the day!

4 Likes

Wow! Another GF transformation! Nice!

2 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

I was just about to ask how one could possibly do that!

1 Like

I (as my husband would say) have a junk HOUSE not a drawer. Sigh.

6 Likes

I came up with something this morning to get to 1/2 inch by two 1/4 in. with little waste as both sides of the cut will match, this is the first look, you can rotate the blue 180 degrees and it will match the red…
Tripspiral

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. I’ve been using pretty food containers left over from new year.

8 Likes

Yeeah, that’s my problem. Decisions, decisions!

2 Likes

Impressive. I have done stuff like that manually a few times and it’s a drag… No way I would have made it through a project with this many compartments!

4 Likes

That’s what mine looked like, but my container was the insert for a lunchbox! Here’s the new! I should’ve put “rings” on the top ones, but I know what they are.

3 Likes

Oh! I like it! The problem is, I know my cat will like it too. The last few days he’s really been a cat and knocking everything off my table. So I have to keep mine stored away with the lids. I think if the crate holder had a door like a curio cabinet, I could definitely get away with it…well, maybe…I actually think he would push the whole container off.

Today he was picking up sand paper with his paws and dumping each sheet onto the floor. The other day it was pens, pulling them out of the container and tossing those on the floor…I love my cat…he’s soooo cute. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Please do not let my wife see this.

Keep creating.

2 Likes

I need this in my life… not to mention in my junk drawers!

1 Like

That’s amazing. Seems pretty technical to make… would you classify this project as beginner intermediate or expert?

1 Like

Intermediate but fairly tedious to make it this custom

2 Likes

Wow!!!

1 Like

That is amazing! My junk drawer desperately needs something like that. Beautifully done :relaxed:

1 Like

I figured this item would have taken center stage in a Pubultrastar drawer caddy! :smiley:

2 Likes

A cat would not be worse than a heeling sailboat for knocking stuff about, and there are loads of standard ideas there. For example, most stuff has to be lifted before it will slide with a lot of ways to do that.

3 Likes

Love it!!!

1 Like