Just for Fun: SnakeBox Toy

Snakes! Why did it have to be…snakes!?!

5 Likes

Yeep! Yeah, I draw the line at a strange snake coming in for a cuddle! (Pet snakes are okay.) :hushed:

3 Likes

you could probably recreate the snake part as a scorpion tail…

1 Like

Would spiders be better? :wink:

2 Likes

Gakkkkk! No!

Snakes I can endure.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile: I’m not sure what told me that was probably going to be the case.

You DO like Lucas, though, right?

4 Likes

Oh, well, everybody likes Lucas. As long as I don’t have to touch him.

3 Likes

XOn the MAKE website I found The Most Useless Machine. I’m sure the box could be cut by the GF, and internal mechanics can be purchased for assembly.

A toggle switch on top of the box is pushed into the position. An “arm” suddenly pushes up part of the top as it moves forward to turn the box OFF. It retracts into box and the box’s top shuts.
The only thing this machine does is turn itself OFF.

If anyone knows of any file of such toy, please share with group.

Did you try Thingiverse? :slightly_smiling_face:

Google Sharks with lasers. Martin posted his design & instructions for the useless box on his blog.

2 Likes

Would you have a link? I can’t find this site on google. Thanks.

Oh, yeah, that search brings up a lot of fluff, doesn’t it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Here’s one of Martin’s posts with links to his files, you might be able to find it there (I haven’t gone looking, so YMMV).

2 Likes

Appreciate it. Thank you.

geek2nurse
Regular

September 2

Oh, yeah, that search brings up a lot of fluff, doesn’t it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Here’s one of Martin’s posts with links to his files, you might be able to find it there (I haven’t gone looking, so YMMV).

2 Likes

I would have been packed by morning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought about posting the photo of one of @timjedwards’ and my brothers holding a live copperhead by the head, after he’d caught it outside the front door at our last family gathering a few months ago. But I’ll be nice. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m ok with snakes … at the zoo … behind glass. Just don’t want them to have access to my person. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They are pretty fascinating creatures. I really prefer the nonvenomous sort, specifically in sizes that are too small to swallow/squeeze me (or anyone else) to death. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A gift from my snake guy @ fish and wildlife…

The actual snake (Red Tailed Boa) was 13 ft but this was all the molt that I could dry (9 ft). If you don’t like snakes, don’t click below.

IMG_9408

3 Likes

That’s lovely.
I’d much rather look at this than at spiders.

2 Likes